RetroBike National Ride Series - Peaks - 10/09/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone hasn't ridden the Peaks before then be warned, the hills are steep AND long AND rocky. All 3!!
However, they have some of the sweetest technical downhills in the country. This, and the amazing views, make the horrific pain of getting up the hills in the first place more than worth the effort.
To me, this is my MTB home, first ridden on a 21" Emmelle with plastic brakes and then the GT I'll be bringing along on this ride.

Rob Atkin":2wiff463 said:
If anyone fancies joining me on a RetroWalk up all those climbs I would be delighted. :-D

I'm in, especially if it can be renamed to: "Take your RetroBike for a walk in the Peaks day". [1] :)

[1] nicked and tweaked from a caption on a picture from this years Fred Whitton Challenge.

I see that my almost compass like directional sense is getting it's usual level of respect (although how quickly Farmer forgets, I had to nurse him round HoNC one year and in the 2007 Peaks Ride I recall having to 'motivate' him away from a quivering lower lip).

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Ed

TedC":3hsgatda said:
Rob Atkin":3hsgatda said:
If anyone fancies joining me on a RetroWalk up all those climbs I would be delighted. :-D

I'm in, especially if it can be renamed to: "Take your RetroBike for a walk in the Peaks day". [1] :)

You can rename it anything you like for me. :)
Saves wear on the tyres.....

Did I hear rumours of a trackstand competition? I ask as "Big Bike Bash Trackstand Champion 2010". And no, I'm not kidding. :-D

Trackstandings an impressive skill I cant master but its negated if you cant ride your bike up a hill, being stationary on a mountainbike being, of course, not the point :LOL:

velomaniac":1j27nm3c said:
Trackstandings an impressive skill I cant master but its negated if you cant ride your bike up a hill, being stationary on a mountainbike being, of course, not the point :LOL:

I can ride a bike up a hill, I just like to be able to stop and ponder my next awesome move as and when I like. ;-)

I'll be there...

...at the back...

...cursing the hills...

..and my fitness...

...and anything else in a random fashion...

:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back