BoTM August 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
mechagouki":tq2wbx13 said:
I really like the YETI, but hydro discs probably don't belong here.

Dunno, IMO it's a nice resto-mod. Basically it's an old bike that's been upgraded to keep up with the times. You'll see more and more similar modifications as time goes by and good retro parts become harder to find.

For instance : I myself can't be bothered to spend months looking for NOS parts for my own '92 Sbike, so I'm going to go down a similar route and equip it with high-end modern parts. Basically bring it into the current decade.

and again lots of amazing bikes. When I saw the muddy fox, I thought 'we have a winner'. But that's what I thought when I saw the Brodie and the Klein too....

So far it's the yeti for me. A shining example of the best of both worlds. Why anyone would want a modern rigid bike over something with soul like that Yeti is beyond me. And it's very pretty...

beepbeep":otalmajr said:
Mmmmm patina... Gotta be Bushpig's Phoenix or Sandmangts' Schwinn for me! :cool:
The fact that you would even put my bike in the same sentence as that Phoenix is an honor to me. Although it is very special to me I don't think it compares historically but thank you for the compliment.

Room for one more.....
Maybe not as special as some of the others, but it gets ridden, crashed and bashed, and to me that's what its all about!
1994, original colour with Lemon Yellow decals courtesy of Gil.

Attachments

• DSC01255.JPG
    DSC01255.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC01253.JPG
    DSC01253.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 491
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back