Welton & The Yorkshire Wolds Aftermath

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone for coming and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

After the initial mechanicals and other problems were out of the way everything seemed to go smoothly enough.

I'm off out for a carvery to try and restore my energy levels but will add more later on including the few pics I took.

Cheers for organising another epic ride Chris!

24 miles & 2314ft of climbing, which is more mileage and climbing than the ride Kaya took me on a fortnight ago on the N.Yorks Moors :shock:

Gps log here: http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=14623610

Great to see so many out on such a perfect day for biking, I dunno if it's sunburn or nettles making my arms and legs tingle now

Hope those who left early made it home safely

My brain hurts a bit so here's some pics whilst I try to think of something else to post...

Tea/Coffee Stop

P1020963 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020970 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020974 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020976 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020978 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020979 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020972 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020973 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020971 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Captain Cosmic's Caption Contest

P1020977 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Thanks to ChrisV40 and Fluffychicken for leading the ride. With 10th starters and 8
finishers.

After having the first mechanical taking the bike from the car, I now know you only need one secured axle mount lug on Pace xc35 forks and a modicom of good luck.

The ride is a great mix of chalkland, woodland,fields, farm tracks and tarmac. With equal amounts of ups and downs of both.

With good views, good lunch and cracking finish and friends, another great Retrobike ride.

BOTR for me, Captain Cosmics Rocky Mountain, simply stunning and well ridden.

Thanks to all attendees.

I'd agree on bike of the ride, Captain Cosmic's RM Blizzard is stunning and he rides the nuts off it

Back home with a full tummy and aching legs :LOL:

What a fantastic ride, thanks Chris and Ben for hosting. As said, a great mix of hard pack, woodland, sheep fields, and a bit of tarmac. Killer climbs with very fast downs.

A great mix of retrobikes with an imposter from 2011 (although it is a stunner in the flesh :cool: )

I'll dig out the photo's I took tomorrow and add them in here.

Enjoyed the short ride I did. Great to put a few more faces to username.

My back is killing thanks to swiping a branch on a downhill section. Ripped my shorts and destroyed a pricey chain!

I have yet to snap a KMC chain Dave ;)

Good to see you back out on a bike

Oh your Syntace bars... are they 31.8mm oversize clamp?

Latest posts

Back