rBoTM August 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 2011 RBoTM

my 1989 Raleigh DynaTech 600 in Super U team replica and tricolour bartape a la Fignon.
Not exactly period correct at present, the Racing T front and rear mechs will soon be replaced by the correct C-Record to bring her back to her full glory, but she was tripled up to climb Mont Ventoux - which I did three times in one day, and the view from the top of which makes a nice backdrop for the picture don't you think?!
Note the rarer than hen's gold teeth C-Record triple crank - well, ok, it's a triple made with the TA Specialites Vento K chainring, but you'll excuse the low gears I'm sure!

Attachments

• richie1 197.jpg
    richie1 197.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,019
Just back from holiday and waiting for some sun and I will attempt to take a couple of snaps (I am really bad at even the most simple point and click stuff) of my Tommasini Super Prestige........Then I have to decide whether to go against that Chris Chance!!

Go on then........here we go!

n532n9.jpg

2e2pchx.jpg

The trickiest bit was deciding which (rubbish quality) pics to use, as it has so many wonderful details!

It is a 1986 Tommasini Super Prestige in a lovely pearl white made from Columbus SLX. The groupset is Dura Ace 7400 chainset, front mech, rear mech and shifters, brakes and levers (I also have the original Dura AcePD 7401 Pedals, like the ones Lance used :D ) and Campag Seatpin, headset, bottom bracket and hubs.......nice Mavic rims and Cinelli bar and stem too!

This bike is as close to mint that I think it is possible to get without it being NOS......the drivetrain has no wear at all...........and the frame has only one or two tiny, and I mean tiny, marks.

Rumble":3rc9ykgq said:
I'll take a punt with my ninety-something Sunn Roader. Just finished today and not even had time to get it polished, let alone ride it yet!

DSC00209.jpg

Very, very nice bike with some little MTB influences like the slightly sloping top tube... and off course... the environment in which it's captured.. :cool:

Ha ha - that's my back garden. I do lots of my work on my bikes there and I like to get the pictures taken as soon as possible!

Can't say that I don't love the Chance (or the screwed and glued twosome), but you should totally get some new pics of the Tommasini that show off the color scheme better before the comp! Such a sweet bike.

I will try, but my photography skills are worse than non-existant!

I am so bad......even with a decent digicam, thats the best I can get......I'll have another go later and update the pics.......Is that allowed?

Ive just taken some more, and either I am really, really bad (highly likely) or the camera is shot.............They have turned out worse!!

I tried to keep the bike out of direct sunlight and tried to carefully compose the setting, but they are bad......I fail at photography, big style.

Anyone near Bishops Stortford want to take a couple of snaps for me?? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back