It starts again... Pace RC104 this time

suburbanreuben":1v0s4zsz said:
Awkward Kid":1v0s4zsz said:
clockd":1v0s4zsz said:
Very very nice frame. You will like the maverick forks, only critique is the the cable guide on the fork needs to be higher up.

It's a bit of a playbike so :) maybe a shorter stem??

Be keen for the first ride report ...

:D

? I've been looking at 50/60mm... With a tendency to go towards the longer, shorter stem.

Eh? :LOL:

Ha ha ha! As in the longer of the shorter stems, 60mm rather than 50mm.

Dave... I've not been out yet. I'm going to pop the XTR mech I've got on it to get her going. Will keep an eye out for saint or X9 mech. Maybe one of those fancy new XTR shadow carbon jobs ;)

X9 won't work either.... sorry!

I'll have a SRAM Quarz rear mech going spare shortly, if that's any good to you. (The one with the green graphics and pulleys - yes - I know).

You should be looking out for the stuff branded Plasma, Quarz or Centera if it needs to be Shimano compatible.

Avoid M972 shadow mechs. Saw far too many that broke in extreme mud when I was in Shimano warranty and they don't cover sticks in the cage causing snappage as warranty. Better with XT TBH - but be quick - the new 10-speed ones won't work. You need an M772.

Yeah, I know where you are coming from with the long stem thing.

I got an old dmr trailstar couple of years back and set it up with answer dh bars 720mm ones and a 50mm stem.

never looked back better control. Granted not great for long multiple hour rides, but I never was v confident downhill, bit better now

You can always change back

First time I've seen close up pics of the 104 and it looks great :D

Only criticism I have is the forks, I think those Mavericks are more suited to something a bit more burly or full sus.....the foxes just looked right on it.

Cheers boys. I've always fancied a set of upside down forks after seeing a 16' zaskar with a set of Shivers on a few yrs back. I've big hopes for them. To be honest if they dont suit i think i'll see what i payed for them and i'll get myself some more Fox. I just need to pull my finger out and get the rear mech mounted and shes done!

So...

Mech & chain and... out! :D

:cry:

Bleed brakes, set up gears and pump up tyres?

No

:roll:

First impressions are great! If not a little heavy. But i guess after two Ti bikes and a race bread xc its going to be! Its looking that its first propper outing (kind of) is going to be BSB at Cadwell this weekend :D

Attachments

• IMG_3031.JPG
    IMG_3031.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,864
I've got a thing about white frames at the mo :roll:
Having never owned one, i've now two :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_3050.JPG
    IMG_3050.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,836
Had a play out with my boy this weekend. Only a few miles in the city but a nice run in ride.

Pictures will follow... Happy though :D

Better late than never :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_3061.JPG
    IMG_3061.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 1,731
  • IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,731
  • IMG_3052.JPG
    IMG_3052.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,731
Lovely looking frames. I wonder who is making them for Pace?

Interesting to see a fillet brazed frame in 853. I wonder if they are 'faux fillets' over regular tig welds like an old Jamis Diablo?

Back