Kona's page

one of hers

this is the 14" 1999 hahanna I got the mrs for xmas :LOL:

Attachments

• hahanna.jpg
    hahanna.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 11,360
this is a 1996 fire mountain i'm currently tidying up for my cousin.

Attachments

• 01012008(002).jpg
    01012008(002).jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 11,361
This is a size 16 1999 Lava Dome I made for a previous (and ungrateful) GF a few years ago. Frame was a NOS insurance replacement purchased on eBay for £75.

Attachments

• 1999 Kona Lava Dome size 16.jpg
    1999 Kona Lava Dome size 16.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 11,356
This is a size 16 1999 Lava Dome I made for a previous (and ungrateful) GF a few years ago. Frame was a NOS insurance replacement purchased on eBay for £75.

Hope you still got it, maybe for the next lady in your life!

guybe":3elr6za7 said:
Anthony":3elr6za7 said:

No, you live and learn young Guy, you live and learn. She has it and the photo is all I have left.

My current GF has a 1993 Rocky Mountain Equipe that I built and sold her for a slightly-subsidised price. An overwhelming majority of my fellow Retrobikers felt that I was extremely stingy not to give it to her, but once bitten, twice shy.

Anthony":3gspf33g said:
An overwhelming majority of my fellow Retrobikers felt that I was extremely stingy not to give it to her, but once bitten, twice shy.

I think you're right on with that, Anthony. If she's interested enough to be worthy she ought to be willing to make at least a small financial investment in her own equipment. If she's not then it's a waste of your time and money in the first place.

I've been in the same situation in the past with my longtime GF and the simple fact is most people don't appreciate what is given to them as much as that which they go out and get for themselves. So I now contribute to her cycling in the form of purchasing advice and mechanical assistance, but until I see her go hardcore into it I won't be giving any additional cycling-oriented gifts. ;)

Anthony":yz55op3k said:
guybe":yz55op3k said:
Anthony":yz55op3k said:

No, you live and learn young Guy, you live and learn. She has it and the photo is all I have left.

My current GF has a 1993 Rocky Mountain Equipe that I built and sold her for a slightly-subsidised price. An overwhelming majority of my fellow Retrobikers felt that I was extremely stingy not to give it to her, but once bitten, twice shy.

yes but , you still borrowed it back for the retro meet . ( the RM that is ) .

97 Lava Dome, size 16, Hove beach, today, v cold, not enough sun for you to see the metallic paint sparkle. eBay frame, tb forks off my Kilauea, commuter-style parts

Attachments

• Lava Dome 005.jpg
    Lava Dome 005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 11,240
Kona's

My 92 Lava Dome single speed rocket

and i loves it

Attachments

• My Pictures0002.jpg
    My Pictures0002.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 11,230
Back