1998 - specialized stuntjumper - help !

offroadjim

Retro Guru
Hi i've built up a full susp stunt jumper and have two stupid questions..

1. i'm not sure which bottom bracket i need to order as this one is rickity ,

2. i've hunted high and low on sites such as parktools trying to get to grips with this FSA orbit headset, basically need to know where and which one i need to buy to replace this manky one .

p.s ignore those monstrosity manitou forks , they aren't on the bike !

Hi i've built up a full susp stunt jumper and have two stupid questions..

1. i'm not sure which bottom bracket i need to order as this one is rickity ,

2. i've hunted high and low on sites such as parktools trying to get to grips with this FSA orbit headset, basically need to know where and which one i need to buy to replace this manky one .

p.s ignore those monstrosity manitou forks , they aren't on the bike !

Hi fella. not sure if I can help ,

The bottom bracket will depend on which type of crank you are go to be running ?? ,, if your running a square tapered bottom bracket, then depending on the crank there is a multitude of sizes to select from to obtain the best chainline and clear the stays.

Couple of useful links on this subject..

Bottom bracket database,, if you know what crank you have or going to buy..

http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html

And this on the chainline..
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/chainline.html

If you could tell us which crank you have or intend to purchase, this will provide some more information..

If its a newer 'hollowtech' crank then most of these units I believe come with spacer(s) to adjust the chainline slightly and to accommodate wider bottom bracket shell widths..

The headset I'm pretty sure will be a 1 1/8th size for that specialized , so as long as your running ahead then any ahead standard cup headset would fit..,

Have a look in the 'MTB for sale' area's, as sometimes there are a few for sale..

Hope this helps

Si

, i'm running a shimano str crank but i'm looking for an anodised red one , shall enquire into the size i need wheni have the crank , very helpful thanks alot

Back