New Trail in the Lincolnshire Wolds

Salsprocket

Retro Guru
I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but Lincs County Council (and others) are creating a new trail using bridleways and quiet lanes in the Lincolnshire Wolds - it's about 75 miles long and should be open in Spring 2012. They're calling it the Lindsey Trail - it takes in a fair bit of the area, from Hameringham area (near Horncastle) across to Walesby area.
We already use quite a lot of the lanes and bridleways and it is mostly very quiet.
I can't post the link, but if you Google (other search engines are available) Lindsey Trail you'll find it and you can download the maps.

Interesting, I'll take a look at that later.

RB group ride on the grand opening anyone? :LOL:

After a bit of digging I've found the route on the Equestrian section of the countryside access website. HERE

LindseyTrailWhole.jpg

Looks promising, I'm getting bored out of the few local routes I know of, although I haven't ventured too far south of Market Rasen yet. Thanks for the map link, will have to investigate some of the existing trails.

We're pretty lucky over this way (Horncastle area) - there seem to be quite a lot of decent bridleways & tracks, quiet lanes etc without having to load the bikes onto the car all the time.
When we moved here I thought it was going to be flat. It's not :oops: Still, I was proud that my ancient steed managed 41mph downhill (towards a tearoom) a couple of weeks ago - so there are some bonuses :D

If either of you want a riding buddy on any of your trips let me know, I seem to be all on my lonesome over here in Lincoln :(

What are they like with you riding in the Woods (Limewood collection ? I think they call them that)

Just been for a week down woodhall spa area, no bike though.

We've not actually ridden through any of the limewoods but would assume if there's bridle ways then there wouldn't be a problem.
Woodhall's a nice area (all those tea shops) and we use the Water Rail Way quite a bit which is an off road trail down to Woodhall from Horncastle, followed by about 1.5 miles on road then another off road trail to Lincoln. It's an easy route next to the river and means that of the 50 mile round trip to Lincoln, we only spend a very small amount of time on road.

Live in Louth at the mo, would be interested in checking this out.
Maybe not the whole thing at once.

Back