Finally moved to Scotland...anyone near me?

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok so finally after 4 years I have made it up north, only 550 miles from where I have spent the last 35 years of my life.

So is anyone on here anywhere near me?

I'm near Huntly Aberdeenshire

A warm welcome to you :)
But Im 110 miles south of you, and your well situated for the Cairn Gorms you lucky bugger ;)

Rob

thanks buddy, yeah, can't quite cycle to them but they are close. Keen to check out the local stuff right outside the door first then will move further afield.

Anyone nearby?

Afraid not! :(

I grew up in the shire but I've been exiled in this awful lowland central belt for the last decade!

I'm in Dundee - which isn't that far, there are a few quieter members up there - Messiah for one.

Are you anything to do with Development Racing (Lee) or is the name just a coincidence?

What dragged you up here? You will like it although the language of your locals might be a mystery for a while.

Dundee? Is that your idea of local? bloody hell mate are that that few of us up here?

Yeah the language is much fun, I sat on the train this morning listening in to the conversation of two locals and at least 50% of it was Dorric.

Can't wait for the Snar!! ;)

Not sure if you'll get proper ones as far north as Huntly but you need to sample some Rowies/Butteries quick smart. They don't look like much but one of those beauties will fill you up all day, which is just as well cos there's about a day's calories in 'em!

Welcome to the clan macretro, most of us are down in the central belt but we do travel around a fair bit if the trails are worth it so I'm sure we will hook up at some point. :D

Oi - I'm not in the Central Belt :D

....but I am about 4/5 hours drive to the west of Aberdeen, more on a bad day :LOL: Couple of guys a few hundred miles north of you too :LOL:

Welcome to Rural Supersparsity!

Cairngorms - excellent cycling territory for roadies, pretty good for mountain bikes too.......

If you wanna meet nice people - go hang out around the docks on a Friday evenin' ;)

so you finally flitted loon
we're aw in the middle bit ,but ally was in aberdoom

Back