Wanted All things Mavic (except hubs)

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is a general feeler to see whats in here, but will buy if enough to build a bike shows up. Condition is important, but scrapes shallow gouges, mild loss of anodising is OK. Shopping list as follows:

Mavic starfish crankset with original dust caps
Mavic front & rear mech
Mavic gear levers (GOT)
Mavic Hubs (GOT)
Mavic pedals ?
Mavic Headset (french if possible)
Mavic brakes & levers & hoods (complete set would be nice, black even better)
Mavic BB (French OR the non threaded type)

"important" 1 ferrule/bush for a rear Mavic hub. It slides on the spindle and locates in the bearings unit, I'm sure 1 of you will know what I mean. It fill fit the rear hub in the picture posted. OR better still an original complete spindle and parts to make it a complete unit again :)

All items are to complete a Turbo Mecacycle. Theme is Black & Silver, both for the frame and the parts. Please "Only want a Starfish, love the others but not for this build". From memory I think the Starfish is a type 631 (thanks Chris) Help appreciated.

Genuine request, not a time waster, but was originally going ALL Campagnolo on the Meca, but with 5 bikes in the stable now full of Campagnolo, I have to confess I'm a bit bored now, and always fancied a Full Mavic build for this beauty. Have been detered by the erratic nature of ebay & Mavic scarcity, and am very impatient once a build starts.

No need for pics just yet, a short description & price to my door is fine by me.

Thanks anyone who helps, yours Laz.

PS: "I'm also in a position to swap Campagnolo parts for Mavic parts (not easy to find stuff, the rarer 4hole SR fmech, 1971 Campag 3arm chrome with original patent dustcaps 9/10 condition, late 60's Record hubs on GP4, other Campag wheels and hubs, blue TBQ's on Chorus hubs.)

Attachments

• 3 mavic hubs.jpg
    3 mavic hubs.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,888
Please, if anyone has ANY of the above listed items, leave a message on here :) It is being watched 24/7 and won't go unreplied to for more than a few hours.

If I recieve PM's instead of messages here, I will lose track of what's on offer, and how to group it together. Thank you, yours Laz.

Fairly sure I have a spare axle assembly. What spacing is it and will you be running 8-speed?

Hi DB, sorry I missed you :) spacing 130mm and a 6speed my friend, its for an old build. Have already patched it up, but would rather fix her properly for the build. Appreciate it if you have the missing parts, yours Laz.

Mavic bits

I have:
A spider c/set - 175mm cranks .
Bolt on and clip on front changers both new.
A new rear axle 140mm end to end, also several new hubs and some old ones if you can be a bit more specific re your needs.

Roger.

Hi!

If lazarus do not need can u please tell me what kind of hubs do u have and how many holes are they and how much would u like for them? And i'm also interested in the axle if u tell me the price please? Only if lazarus don't want them he was first !
Thanks Chris

Hi Roger :) Thanks for the offer buddy. How much for the starfish ? front mechs ?.

As for "more details" re: the hub/axle I really don't know what more info I can give my friend. In the pics, the hub that is in need of attention is the 1 without any axle in (top most pic). The 1 with the skewer is complete as is the 1 next to it.

I have managed to knock-up a rear axle but its from an old campag nuovo tipo and 1 of the ferrules is missing. The ferrule keeps the axle spindle dead center. It slides over the spindle and locates in the actual bearings housing. From what I can see, once the ferrule is in place, almost anything will hold & space the axle to 130mmm, but prefer an original setup :)

Don't know how these things are put together with Mavic parts, but just assume its as easy as any other hub with the correct parts. The axle has to be able to be built up into a 130mm spaced hub.

"Chris" by all means PM Roger for any parts he might have. I'm a first up, best dressed sort of guy, so if you have funds at the ready, by all means make contact with him :) I already have some Mavic stuff, its just hard sourcing the remainder. Later buddy, Laz.

Here are some pics (coutesy of Velobase) of what my hubs should look like when completed with the correct parts.

"The hubs I am trying to repair are Type Mavic 500 RD / 550 RD"

It is a genuine Mavic rear axle I am looking for, that builds to a 130mm spaced hub. Thanks, Laz.

Attachments

• mavic hub velo.jpg
    mavic hub velo.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,721
  • mavic hub velo 1.jpg
    mavic hub velo 1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,719
  • mavic hub velo 2.jpg
    mavic hub velo 2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,718
Hi,
I have a non-threaded bottom bracket. Still looking for that? Axle length is 114mm.
Kind regards,
John

Attachments

• IMG_4149.JPG
    IMG_4149.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,693
Back