Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0023.jpg

And a nice original Animal T from 94 ( I think).Excuse tiny blim hole.lol

airwolf677":eiqmc4wd said:
HI

All i can get of it is that its a all gt terra backwoods does this help

Yep.

Having experience of selling a 1997 good condition GT Backwoods, with upgraded Bomber Z2 forks and D521 wheels on LX hubs (a fair upgrade to say the least) I struggled to sell complete for £150 so split the bike.

I would say rigid build as yours is, without knowing if you have any upgrades, condition of the bike etc that it would be worth about £100-130.

Hi all, I was just wondering what my 1991 Kona Cinder Cone (cinder gold) might be worth. History- I bought it new 20 years ago next week & TBH it's had a very easy life, the forks where resprayed purple in 1992 when I worked for rover. Last year the shifters were replaced with shimano LX STI units, the front mech went to XT (m735) the rear went to LX (m567) the wheels were changed to mavic 231's on XT hubs. The crank & canti's are still suntour XC ltd. I still have the old Equilbrium & Proplsion tyres which are worn but there is still life in them yet
001-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

Sadly the bike is going to have to go due to my health probs which makes riding a rigid to painfull now (& I said i'd never sell her :( ) so need the funds so I can get a hardtail well thats after i've sold off a few other things from my youth, the wife & kids
Anyone got an idea on value ? would rather sell the bike whole than break it up but if needed I would sadly strip it

sweety":23qr37zh said:
Hi all, I was just wondering what my 1991 Kona Cinder Cone (cinder gold) might be worth. History- I bought it new 20 years ago next week & TBH it's had a very easy life, the forks where resprayed purple in 1992 when I worked for rover. Last year the shifters were replaced with shimano LX STI units, the front mech went to XT (m735) the rear went to LX (m567) the wheels were changed to mavic 231's on XT hubs. The crank & canti's are still suntour XC ltd. I still have the old Equilbrium & Proplsion tyres which are worn but there is still life in them yet
001-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

Sadly the bike is going to have to go due to my health probs which makes riding a rigid to painfull now (& I said i'd never sell her :( ) so need the funds so I can get a hardtail well thats after i've sold off a few other things from my youth, the wife & kids
Anyone got an idea on value ? would rather sell the bike whole than break it up but if needed I would sadly strip it

£150-180 ish. Looks nice.

coomber":3ux77fnd said:
soggz":3ux77fnd said:
IMG_1542.jpg

'92 Outpost, immaculate frame,never taken off road fitted with pace forks from the same period,mavic front hub with pace carbon fibre hub.Original club roost bars with brace,and original cheap outpost gearset,pedals.XT v brakes and avid levers (not shown).Original seat tem and wildebeast seat.
( I have original front wheel and tyres...So..How much is it worth?

The outpost was one of the lowest GTs so in itself wouldt be worth much. You are better off with those great parts splitting, forks for £60 ish, wheels £40ish for that front. XT parts will get £15 or so, levers £10, others will add up. As a bike it would probably be about £100 I guess, but most who would want it would probably split it anyway. If you dont mind the hassle of multiple trips to post office, that is what I would do.

Good luck with the sale.

Might as well keep it and hang it on the wall in the front room then as a show piece from yesteryear.

Kona Kilauea 97 frame modern bits

What's it worth ?....19 inch...TB forks, XT chain set and r mech, recent Avid single digit v brakes n ajustable levers. Rim 517 w Hope XC rear hub and DDG front, both disc, ringle h set Control tect bars, both modern. All parts very good working order, i'm ex trade and like a sweet working bike (if not always clean) Frame has big chips of paint on top tube down to black undercoat, no dents.

kona002-2.jpg

how much is this answer stem worth then ?

1&1/8th 130mm long with some rise ? decals are lifting very slightly but theres no scrapes or big marks on it .

9d1f06fd.jpg

22c786fc.jpg

cheers :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back