Peugeot 753 Project

Re: Awesome 753 Pro

Jacks ABC":oqajkddq said:
Hi,

I had virtually the same bike. Not an easy bike, really frame to find info on.
Mine was originally built up with 7 speed Ultegra. This I updated to a 10 speed Campy Centaur group set. The rear stays had a enough spring to take the wider axle. Also had to update the fork to an Evo carbon The original came a cropper when I hit a pot hole stripping the thread. A friend at Raleigh then repainted it in pearlescent red. It eventually succumbed to the dread rust, the rear stay corroding near the drain hole.
I had some great times on my Peugeot including a month around Chambrey riding many of the historic TdF cols.

Great to see some pictures.

p.s. the saddle in the picture just worked at this odd angle

Nice to see someone with the same bike, do you still have the frame? It might be worth repairing? Thankfully mine seems mostly rust free. Ive got a Peugeot 653 with 7sp Ultegra that I might move across to this bike.

Perthus Pro?

I remember these bikes - my Pug Aravis (531 Pro with Shim 105) was two models down in the catalogue if I remember rightly. Can't recall the name of it though. Perthus Pro? I remember a mate of mine purchased one of your bikes when it was brand new. Very nice indeed. Seem to remember it was Ultegra throughout. Peugeot racing bikes eh...where are they now!

Back