The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1542.jpg

'92 Outpost, immaculate frame,never taken off road fitted with pace forks from the same period,mavic front hub with pace carbon fibre hub.Original club roost bars with brace,and original cheap outpost gearset,pedals.XT v brakes and avid levers (not shown).Original seat tem and wildebeast seat.
( I have original front wheel and tyres...So..How much is it worth?

Hey all,

Not really posted much on here (usually on bikeradar - same name), but i'm thinking of selling my 1998 Klein Mantra Race as it simply doesn't get used due to a lack of time & 2 other bikes which i'm not bothered about scratching!

Anyway, before I consign it to a lifetime in the cupboard under a dust sheet I thought i'd see what you experts on here reckon it's worth, I know (roughly) what i've spent on it over the years but if it's only likely to fetch a small percentage of that well i'd rather keep it in case the planets align & I get a free sunny day to actually ride it (not likely in Glasgow!)

Anyway, it looks like this:

148113_455516321506_530751506_6024865_8377495_n.jpg

Original thread I had on here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Please be honest (conservative) in your estimates as I don't really want to sell, but there's 1000 other things I need more than a superflous bike right now! :(

Cheers!
John

Any Help please????

Hi

Need some help please have been looking to sell this bike,as too small for me but not sure on a price range, some people say its got a good value to it, but carnt find any info on internet, am getting married soon so every penny counts. Any help on price or the best place to sell would be brill...

Attachments

• GT Bike 2.JPG
    GT Bike 2.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 795
mcj78":3akrbb7k said:
Hey all,

Not really posted much on here (usually on bikeradar - same name), but i'm thinking of selling my 1998 Klein Mantra Race as it simply doesn't get used due to a lack of time & 2 other bikes which i'm not bothered about scratching!

Anyway, before I consign it to a lifetime in the cupboard under a dust sheet I thought i'd see what you experts on here reckon it's worth, I know (roughly) what i've spent on it over the years but if it's only likely to fetch a small percentage of that well i'd rather keep it in case the planets align & I get a free sunny day to actually ride it (not likely in Glasgow!)

Anyway, it looks like this:

148113_455516321506_530751506_6024865_8377495_n.jpg

Original thread I had on here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Please be honest (conservative) in your estimates as I don't really want to sell, but there's 1000 other things I need more than a superflous bike right now! :(

Cheers!
John

The last on here didnt have interest at £450 and not a great deal at £430 (http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... antra+race) so I would say around £300-350. Not sure though as they are fairly rare, but dont seem that desired on here to be honest.

soggz":2d7tn0tb said:
IMG_1542.jpg

'92 Outpost, immaculate frame,never taken off road fitted with pace forks from the same period,mavic front hub with pace carbon fibre hub.Original club roost bars with brace,and original cheap outpost gearset,pedals.XT v brakes and avid levers (not shown).Original seat tem and wildebeast seat.
( I have original front wheel and tyres...So..How much is it worth?

The outpost was one of the lowest GTs so in itself wouldt be worth much. You are better off with those great parts splitting, forks for £60 ish, wheels £40ish for that front. XT parts will get £15 or so, levers £10, others will add up. As a bike it would probably be about £100 I guess, but most who would want it would probably split it anyway. If you dont mind the hassle of multiple trips to post office, that is what I would do.

Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back