Tyres for wet roots

Sithlord":xlchvm1u said:
ICE studded tyres... :evil: :p work a treat , and any walkers can here you coming for miles.. :LOL:

Well ,i blame my sore knee on you :evil: :LOL:

I want them back ;)

I have found my conti verticals to cope quite well with Suffolks roots. But its more about how you tackle the root than the tyre.

Good summer all rounder, really? I thought they were a full mud tyre! Ah yes of course, now I see why you said summer all rounder :LOL: :LOL:

JamesM":2d4ai6lp said:
Good summer all rounder, really? I thought they were a full mud tyre! Ah yes of course, now I see why you said summer all rounder :LOL: :LOL:

Lol you are right about the weather, but seriously because they have a really low profile they roll really well. I'be been riding them on dusty trails and they are as good as any xc tyre

I've got some medusa's but have only ridden them in the dry once and yeah they were okay but not as good as the high rollers I normally use on that bike. They were good as I honked my way up a rocky climb on my SS though. The didnt slip at all even on some of the slighly damp rocks. Soft rubber compound I guess!!!

BarneyRubble":rka3f5gm said:
Maxxis Medusa - great mud/rooty tyre and relative low profile makes them a good summer all rounder as well. ;)

Eh? :shock:
They're great in winter mud and soft conditions, but slide all over the place on roots, and are very slow everywhere...

Back