RetroBike National Ride Series Drumlanrig ***AFTERMATH***

The Ken":1ql7z9y8 said:
jonnyboy666":1ql7z9y8 said:
did kirroughtree today! :D :D

awesome! like a big pump track! was riding modern though :oops: just had dinner, lush, onto my 3rd beer :cool:

Told you you'd like it - what bits did you do? Modern makes a lot of sense there.

i have just got home a few hours ago,

my trip was like this:-

friday, cannock chase riding 07 clockwork, trail is loads of fun
saturday, grizedale forest, riding 07 clockwork, wasn't impressed but i think it has potential
sunday, drumlanrig castle, riding 92 kona explosif, awesome technical rooty trails
monday, kirroughtree red route on a 08 strange (orange)st4 loads of fun!
tuesday, coed y brenin, short route including adams family downhills
wednesday, coed y brenin, 08 st4, mbr trail plus adams family trails and some other extras.

6 days of great riding, i decided to go south after tuesday because of the weather that was due to scotland, coed y brenin seemed a sensible choice as it was gonna be dry (ish) in the afternoon and i'd be getting there around 3pm after leaving dumfries at 1030am.

it has been a great week of riding and meeting some top people :D

i have done 1100miles driving in the van! :shock: the clothes/bikes/van can stay dirty till tomorrow afternoon when i drag my arse out of bed!! :LOL:

my legs are aching now, today was hard, but strangely monday and tuesday i felt great on the bike, dare i say . . . fast? :shock:

here's a link to my facebook pics

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 84a&type=1

hopefully that link will work :D

Sounds lie a killer week jonnyboy! What was yer best bit?

the banter on sunday! :LOL: as usual, always funny.

best trail of the week i think was kirroughtree, even though there was a good amount of climbing it never seemed too hard yet there was some really nice flowing downhills.

will defo come up again for some more of the sevenstanes trails

:D

What a rootfest!

Had a cracking day, big thanks to the mob in yellow, absolute top job of putting on an event, as well as a great ride. Kiran came back raving about as well, so full marks there too! :cool:

Apologies for bringing the big green beastie though, very naughty of me :oops:

I shall now assume my usual state of looking forward to the next time we can venture North Of The Border...
:D

Golden Retrobike Rule #1:

'NEVER READ THE AFTERMATH THREAD OF A RIDE YOU COULDN'T GET TO'

Every intention to join you but as it coincided with a big wedding anniversary and a cottage in Cornwall arranged by herself I never stood a chance.

Next time... just don't make it August 14th.

rc200ti":3m95j15y said:
Golden Retrobike Rule #1:

'NEVER READ THE AFTERMATH THREAD OF A RIDE YOU COULDN'T GET TO'

Every intention to join you but as it coincided with a big wedding anniversary and a cottage in Cornwall arranged by herself I never stood a chance.

Next time... just don't make it August 14th.

:LOL: :LOL:

Don't worry it'll soon be the Peaks meet ;)

Ps
You missed a fantastic day :cool:

Drum

looks like you all had a blast at the Drum! And you got lucky with the weather too!

Now i have a full sus i need to head back there again and give it a go, the killer roots might be a bit easier! lol

So where's the idea's for next year's Mac gathering then???

Greig. :cool:

Back