RB National Series- Mr K's Peaks Meet- 10/9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of notice for work so I should be there, will hopefully be bringing a couple of newbies from our area too.

If anyone wants to come but is bikeless I could bring my Trek 850 along to lend FOC to anyone who wants it.
It's only a 14" so you'd have to be fairly short but you are welcome to ride it.
It'll have some new Dia-Compe brakes on it by then and will be very ready to go. It's a lovely bike IMHO. (see link in sig for details)

I'm not sure what to bring at the moment. I did want to Klunk my way around this year but a serious lack of riding this year will make dragging 50lbs of vintage Schwinn around very difficult.
I'm loaning my Fat Chance out to Defiant to save him bringing a bike over from Holland so thats out.
My secret project which i aimed to have ready for the Peaks is still miles off so thats a no.
I don't fancy singlespeeding so the Humuhumu can be stuck off the list.

That leaves my old Cannondale. Unriden in 3 years since it was rebuilt. It did years of riding in the Peaks BITD so I guess it would be kinda sweet to press it back into service, but i would hate to damage it now it is shop fresh again.

Final option would be my Cotic. Yes it's modern, but it's steel, has rigid forks, thumbshifters, flat bars, retro silver parts and custom paint. Would Retro in spirit be acceptable for the biggest Retro event of the year? Not sure personally.

Mmmm. I think i need a new bike.

Dr S":b2je284n said:
Final option would be my Cotic. Yes it's modern, but it's steel, has rigid forks, thumbshifters, flat bars, retro silver parts and custom paint. Would Retro in spirit be acceptable for the biggest Retro event of the year?

I think the answer to that is a resounding NO!!

Mmmm. I think i need a new bike.

I think the answer to that is a resounding YES!!

:-D

Si if you haven't sorted a ride for the Peaks you can use my Overburys and I'll ride the Kili then we'll both be on 80's British steel ;)

I am now a definate and will be bringing Ben and Mroldskool along with me, 2 more possibles from this area also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back