If You Want A Job Doing Properly DIY Enigma Bikes Content

Update

Well a few months on and i get a call from Enigma saying they have given up with the frame, abit disapointed so they ask if i want it back, "of course i do" original price was going to £75 but they say £30 will be ok....

Frame comes back a few days later (see 1st pic) and my bank statement says £55 :evil:

Adjustable reamer bought of Ebay (£24) and 4 hours of work and its out (see 2nd pic) abit of hassle and some corrosion inside, but it wiil ride again.

Personally i wouldn't use Enigma again, never returned calls, overcharged, and most importantly never gave it a good go.

(sorry not the best of pics but if i use a flash the file size is too big!)

Attachments

• DSC03214.JPG
    DSC03214.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC03179.JPG
    DSC03179.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 327
bryan555":10ec3nst said:
Good work! I wonder if that would work on my Kona with stuck post?

This was last resort for me, tried plusgas, slide hammer, cutting a hole in the exposed seatpost to make a tommy bar, hacksawed down inside the seatpost, last option was the reamer!

bryan555":3r2c3he7 said:
Good work! I wonder if that would work on my Kona with stuck post?
I cut a stuck post out of my 94 Explosif with much less difficulty than I expected - I assume that thesneaker's problem here was that the post was broken off within the seat tube, which would make it more difficult.

Why don't you show us the problem?

It's my commuter:

hahanna2_688.jpg

The post is stuck, but I haven't tried very hard as it's not too far off being the right height :oops: :LOL:

Well you obviously haven't tried very hard with that one Bryan, you haven't even broken the saddle and the seatpost clamp yet!

Anthony":213tre8f said:
Well you obviously haven't tried very hard with that one Bryan, you haven't even broken the saddle and the seatpost clamp yet!

Apparently he already tried the 'Paddington Hard Stare'.

Back