Hello, can you help me please?

warchild":1eqm0ghj said:
cyfa2809":1eqm0ghj said:
yay for pics! :LOL: :D

I swear an old pal of mine had a black and yellow g zero (which was purportedly carbon)

Hi!

Yep! Mine is mainly yellow and the swind arm is black. At home now so may get to post the pics if this means I can do so now!

I think the forks could be Judy's but hopefully the pics will sort it out. Thet are old style forks with the rubber boots on the top.

Don't laugh though when I post the pics. :oops:

as long as it's not got risers & bar-ends all will be well :LOL:

yellow + no disc mounts + shock boots is all pointing towards a set of Judys.

not sure if you are tech/forum savvie, but best way to post pics on here is to upload pics to somewhere like http://tinypic.com (lots of other options though)
the use either the 'Img' button (under the subject box near the top of the reply form)
or use these tags

awaiting pics when you're ready :D

hehe thats why i prefer tinypic it even give you the full link to post in forums :p

(pics edited out)

not sure about the fork.
defo not a SID.
could be a Judy.
most likely something like an RST.

pretty much the same performance as any other elastomer suspension fork.

not a bad looking machine though to be honest.
how much did it set you back ?

Ha ha, cheers Khane, Tha was my missus doing that. I normally dont use things like that. She used Photo bucket.

So the forks were black, not yellow! :oops:

I hope the pics are ok for all to see though and give some info I couldn't give but if you need any more info, give us a shout. I'm not even sure if it's that retro or not! :LOL:

take another pic of the sticker on the rear of the left fork leg it may shed a bit more light on them.

as for being retro there is no clear cut answer to what is and what isn't, plus have you seen my FSR it may be a '98 frame but everything else on it is within the last 10 years :LOL: so not really retro.

Cheers, The wee beastie set me back £227 on Ebay. Has upgraded Shim XT Brakes, LX Rear Mech, the front mech is an STX RC, the brake lever mounting I snapped whilst moving it and retightening it! So cannot ride until I get some new XT levers.

Whats an RST? And what is the best way to sort the fork out? I would be surprised if any one serviced these anymore and if they did, i would prob cost a fortune? Or am I wrong here. As for the Rear Mech, I noticed some Red writing just inside the Frame but cannot read it.

Khane":17atd47b said:
take another pic of the sticker on the rear of the left fork leg it may shed a bit more light on them.

as for being retro there is no clear cut answer to what is and what isn't, plus have you seen my FSR it may be a '98 frame but everything else on it is within the last 10 years :LOL: so not really retro.

OK, I had a look at where you were talking about. The white looking sticker at the bottom? There is nothing left on it. I decided to lift the bike up on rear and have a good look around. Just has stickers that were on it when I got it and seems whatever was on that little sticker at the bottom, I didn;'t notice until now :oops:

Your FSR is a great looking bike! I want to keep my frame and some of the bits on there bith upgrade others. This is gonna get expensive isn't it! :LOL:

RST are a budget suspension manufacturer.

as for servicing that all depends what they are/what is in them.
generally speaking old suspension forks aren't that complex to service.

usually a stack of elastomers or a couple of springs inside them.
most need a 21mm socket over the adjusters to get to them.

warchild":v9vlefhv said:
This is gonna get expensive isn't it! :LOL:

short answer ........... yes :LOL:

although you'd probably be supprised at how little i spent on the FSR in total.
you really can spend as little or as much as you want/can find the parts for.

that sticker at the bottom of the right leg does remind me of the one i have on my Judy XLs which is just telling you which way adjusts the rebound.

really not sure what those forks are :oops: i'm sure someone on here will be able to verify what they are.

Back