Welton & The Yorkshire Wolds Ride Sunday 21st August

Status
Not open for further replies.
£2.70! Stuff that, it's only £1.50 for the Dartford crossing.

I've checked the routes, and it's only 15 minutes longer going the long way around. Saves a fiver for other things :LOL:

The uproar of them increasing it to £3 (£6 total) didn't go down too well either. It does split north/south bank quite a lot.

Unfortunately the Government will not write of the money it cost to build (and the rapidly increasing interest) like they where suppose to I think.

To be fair though it is longer than the whole Dartford tunnel/bridge I think and it takes a week to have as much traffic as the Dartford setup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-13879323
Says it'll rise Oct 1st ofr anyone interested.

Booo, not looking forward to it going up as it will cost me even more to go see my mate in scunny, might have to think about biking to his in the future as its only 24 miles, but its all down winterton road which is a silly fast road so i wouldnt really want to play with the cars down there on a push bike lol

there are some pleasant off road routes from winterton to scunthorpe

lewis1641":omz0azho said:
there are some pleasant off road routes from winterton to scunthorpe

Thats something i might have to have a look into, see if my mate knows any of them as he is wanting to get out on the GT he has just purchased himself!

Bing Maps (used to be Multimap) is very good. Set the map type to OS (top left of the map image) and you can see footpath's as a green dotted line.

AR-CoolC":1gsqka5y said:
Bing Maps (used to be Multimap) is very good. Set the map type to OS (top left of the map image) and you can see footpath's as a green dotted line.

I have the basis of this ride mapped out on bing maps
First Chris created in in mapmyride, I then exported and imported it into bing maps and altered it a bit to brake the longish road section up (it a nice road section and a good leg stretch after the pub stop, once you've climbed the little hill ;))

Sorry chaps I definitely can't make this now the outlaws are coming for the weekend :( see you on the next one and have a good ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back