Just picked up this one

John":m5rii8l2 said:
Like the tiger style one though :D

For me it marks when mountainbikes were about at their best to my likes. Well made steel frame out nice tubing, 7 speed XT with HG for '89, tumbies, relatively comfortable position, compliant, the handling I like... This is how a great mountainbike has to be according to me.

- Melvin

Its a brand that has largely passed by me without me noticing. So unlike an old Klein or Fat, they don't really mean anything to me. I still appreciate the design and construction, they just seem a little obscure.
The ti thats featured above however, i like :D

Overhere in NL ten thousands were sold each year, so they are not obscure overhere :D The MTBs are still pretty rare though. In the US Miyata was known for making the finest of the shelf touring bikes in the eighties, but when the mountainbike thing really took off the Yen had skyrocketed and a few years later Miyata left the US market and so did Panasonic and Bridgestone. There ever were Miyatas in the UK?

Construction a tad quirky and finishing unmatched for a mass builder. My already nice Panasonic is also beaten hands down for example. Personally this does me more than it is a Ti.

- Melvin

I had a Dynatech back in the day. Actually it was a pretty good bike, it can't have been that bad because some scumbag broke into my garage to nick it.

Deore DX throughout, crappy Rigida rims, but a nice ride. Used to race the s**t out of it.

Hi Russell,

Next time I am at the place were I keep my catalogues I will put it on the scanner. Remember they (Raleigh) had also a weird double crown rigid fork design and their bars were easy recognizeable too - looked very much like ox horns.

a mate of mine tried to paint strip his dynatech. they used seamed ti tubing to keep the costs down (nowt wrong with seamed tubing normally) but the seam finishing was terrible & highly visible, so he painted it back up again.

In the "Just picked up this one" series, today:

1981 Koga Miyata FullPro L

Pretty much like this:

KogaCapriSonneWinnenbf.jpg

With detailing like this:

b1_3.JPG

13_3.JPG

d1_3.JPG

No pics yet.

Specs: Full Dura Ace EX (incl post & stem), except for Campy Nuovo Record rear mech.

- Melvin

In the "Just picked up this one" series, today....

159904347_ca69b89f0f_b.jpg

Mint Verlicchi aka Kona EFS project ;)

:shock: OOhhh ...look what is there, in the background :)

- Melvin

melvin , do you pick one up every day ?

I like the work on the road one . very nice details .

this full sus design was used by many manufacturers . I think dave cullingham became wolrd champion on it , and a woman italian rider as well ( cant remember her name ) .

cchris2lou":1ezdajb9 said:
melvin , do you pick one up every day ?

No actually not, but at the pace it is going the last few weeks one would think so :mrgreen:

I like the work on the road one . very nice details .

Sure ...I really appreciate the work that's put into it too.

this full sus design was used by many manufacturers . I think dave cullingham became wolrd champion on it , and a woman italian rider as well ( cant remember her name ) .

Dave wun in 1992 on an Iron Horse, the woman was Giovanna Bonazzi (Sintesi). In the 1994 Kona brochure Cindy Devine is pictured racing to '93 Mt Snow victory on her EFS.

It is proper built. Sturdy, welds look nice etc. The Zocchi XC700 gives me more quality feel than Judy's.

- Melvin

Latest posts

Back