the peaks national meet

clockworkgazz":2ofq1gip said:
monkey magic ;)
4275790_std.jpg

Looks like we could have a nice wee invasion shaping up!

Dr S":vmbh09e4 said:
So, if it is to be Saturday night, shall we get organized and sort out a joint Mac/Yorkie campsite booking?

There is a campsite in Hope/ Castleton but I have never stayed there. My choice would be one of the Edale campsites a few miles up the road, all of which are pretty good and cheap.

this sounds cool, did you have a number of your prefered campsite and we can get it booked?

Good work Gaz.

So, which campsite? Coopers in Edale is good, cafe and shop next door, 2 pubs and nice views. Hopefully the passage of time will mean that Mrs Cooper will no longer recognize me too. I will see how many Yorkies want to stay over.

there in lies a tale- one of your many conquests Si?

....sounds good to me, see what the other two mac's want to do but happy to get it booked now.

clockworkgazz":144yn8oe said:
there in lies a tale- one of your many conquests .

Ha! Was a crazy night. New years eve 1997. We decided to go to Edale for the night and camp. Back then I had an old 1960's Merc and a 62 Cheltenham Caravan- the Rolls Royce of caravans, which we used to tow at high speed around the country to various race meets.
Anyhow, we parked up on Coopers and went to the farmhouse to pay and met with Mrs Cooper who we had long since christened 'The Black Widow' due to her unfriendly demeanour. As usual she was suspicious of youth but allowed us on as the campsite was quiet.
The night was high spirited in the two pubs of Edale due to a large quantity of real ales and some additional medicines that had appeared from the Doctor's bag. Eventually the pub closed in the early hours and being a friendly bunch of chaps we invited half of said pub back to our campsite to continue the high jinks.
I awoke the next morning to find 9 people crammed into our 2 berth van and an incredible urge to be sick. I tried to get the door open but found the latch had stuck, so holding back I headed for the window at great speed. Window open, i plummeted head first onto the frosted grass and vomited for all my worth. When finished I stood up to find I had an audience comprizing the old couple caravaning next door who were taking tea and The Black Widdow who had summoned the local constable from his bed to aid with our eviction.
Pleading innocence was obviously not an option so we left with our tails between our legs having been told never to return.

We felt a little hard done by and thought that The Black Widdow had been a little harsh until it transpired that she too had been in the pub and in high spirits. Come the strike of midnight she had grabbed one of our party and stuck her tongue down his throat whilst copping a feel. She was rather persistant and my friend had to take avasive action with a few choice words!
We concluded that hell hath no fury than an (old) women scorned.

None of us have been back to Coopers since but one of the lads did incur a scowl in the Cafe from here a few years back.

clockworkgazz":30dmiqlv said:
there in lies a tale- one of your many conquests Si?

....sounds good to me, see what the other two mac's want to do but happy to get it booked now.
Sounds like it has everything we need for a crap night's sleep.

Go on TK, you know you want to - and there's always a way.

Dr S":15t0nfjm said:
clockworkgazz":15t0nfjm said:
there in lies a tale- one of your many conquests .

Ha! Was a crazy night. New years eve 1997. We decided to go to Edale for the night and camp. Back then I had an old 1960's Merc and a 62 Cheltenham Caravan- the Rolls Royce of caravans, which we used to tow at high speed around the country to various race meets.
Anyhow, we parked up on Coopers and went to the farmhouse to pay and met with Mrs Cooper who we had long since christened 'The Black Widow' due to her unfriendly demeanour. As usual she was suspicious of youth but allowed us on as the campsite was quiet.
The night was high spirited in the two pubs of Edale due to a large quantity of real ales and some additional medicines that had appeared from the Doctor's bag. Eventually the pub closed in the early hours and being a friendly bunch of chaps we invited half of said pub back to our campsite to continue the high jinks.
I awoke the next morning to find 9 people crammed into our 2 berth van and an incredible urge to be sick. I tried to get the door open but found the latch had stuck, so holding back I headed for the window at great speed. Window open, i plummeted head first onto the frosted grass and vomited for all my worth. When finished I stood up to find I had an audience comprizing the old couple caravaning next door who were taking tea and The Black Widdow who had summoned the local constable from his bed to aid with our eviction.
Pleading innocence was obviously not an option so we left with our tails between our legs having been told never to return.

We felt a little hard done by and thought that The Black Widdow had been a little harsh until it transpired that she too had been in the pub and in high spirits. Come the strike of midnight she had grabbed one of our party and stuck her tongue down his throat whilst copping a feel. She was rather persistant and my friend had to take avasive action with a few choice words!
We concluded that hell hath no fury than an (old) women scorned.

None of us have been back to Coopers since but one of the lads did incur a scowl in the Cafe from here a few years back.

sounds like a great night out :LOL:

I have a vomit story from my camping days in edale but I'll save that for the camp fire!

Back