Orange P7 - 1997 (my first build) update 29 May 2011

Ta :) not sure about the pace forks I am afraid. I suspect that your p7 is similar to mine with non-suspension corrected geometry. In which case you want as low travel and axle to crown height as possible. I would put the pace fork next to the f7 and compare them. The more they differ the more the geometry will be out. You can compensate for a slacker head angle (if pace fork longer) to some degree by using stem length though.

Finally got the P7 finished except for a few tweaks that are required. I need to swap out the XT pedals for the Onza Ho - just waiting on some new cleats being delivered. I also need some more white outer cable for the rear derailleur - I cut it too short and didn't have enough spare :oops:

I took it for a gentle 30 miles around Buxton nothing too rigorous and really enjoyed the response and feel.

It had a few admirers as parked up halfway for a potted meat sandwich. I think this P7 is definite keeper.

Full specification will be posted sometime soon.

Regards, Mossy :D

Very classy build-I love that colour. Hope hubs to finish the UK theme?
I built up a p7 frame i bought off here last year as a bit of a nostalgic/novelty project thinking i would ride it to the pub occasionally.
Since then I've really got into riding it properly. I'm not going to claim that the canti's are any match for modern discs, or the 65mm travel pace are a match for latest air sprung things but its so much fun to ride and climbs really competitively. Few pics are here,

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 5d722f49ea

subsequently changed the skewers to hope cnc'ed and worn out the elastomers. got a hairline crack in the ti-glide rear flange, hopefully it stays hairline!

I know i'm late to this party but I love what you have done with the frame, I'd love to know where you had the respray done?

also, how on earth is your kitchen so clean when you put bikes all over the place? As a man of the kitchen I'm a little perturbed by it all! : )

Beautiful bike and congratulations with it.
I'd have thought a rigid Pace RC30 would've suited it more so but I'm being really picky

Back