b"O"b's Orange Aluminium Elite*finished result*

Gorgeous bike :cool: .

A good point someone made earlier, caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) dissolves aluminium oxide very effectively. Anodizing is basically a thin layer of aluminium oxide so caustic's a cool (but dangerous) way of refinishing bike parts!

orange aluminium elite - reproduction graphics

Hi

Do you still have the template for the Orange aluminium elite reproduction graphics you had made. Or even better where did you get them done?

Regards

James

After months with too many 'other' things going on, I've finally got round to taking some studio pictures of the Aluminium 'elite'.

Several bikes from my retro fleet have gone on to pastures new but, like with the Alpinestars Al-Mega DX, making a good photographic record of the work you have put in is an equally rewarding part of any restoration for me.
I still have the 'stealth black' Aluminium 'O' and the Pace RC100. Once these are finished, I'll photograph these in the same way too. (eventually..... so it may be sometime yet! )

Enjoy.....

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• Elite4.jpg
    Elite4.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 779
  • Elite3.jpg
    Elite3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 778
  • Elite2.jpg
    Elite2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 779
  • Elite1.jpg
    Elite1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 780
More....

Attachments

• Elite8.jpg
    Elite8.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 777
  • Elite7.jpg
    Elite7.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 777
  • Elite6.jpg
    Elite6.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 778
  • Elite5.jpg
    Elite5.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 778
Arrrggghhhh white background...are you bbc bikes ? :LOL: just joking

the bike looks grand chap very grand.

Mointh's :shock:
Years :LOL: :LOL:

And worth it.That looks totally fantastic[going back for another look :D]..................................................................................................
Gorgeous :cool: You've made a top job of this from beginning to end.Surefire winner if you enter it in the botm compo :cool:

Left an endcap off the rear brake cable fukcing ruined it for me

Back