Cannock chase...the aftermath

Theres a great shot of Orange Ed barrel arsing down the hill and coating Neil in a tidal wave of mud!

fantastic - I suspected I had but Neil was very good about it!! Got the line a bit wrong!

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3ez0sggo said:
monsterfatuk":3ez0sggo said:
Did anyone notice ededwards pork pie munching,in the car park before the ride--at lunch--during hte ride--even on the climbs

Maybe he's secretly sponsored by Pork Farm's :LOL:

Pork Farm's? Pork Farms!!!?

They're Alivio standard, I was feasting on the pork pie equivalent of a NOS green ano Paul's rear mech

Was I seeing things or was there a mint looking green Rocky Mountain Altitude on the carpark before we set off, don't recall seeing it on the ride ??

Looked like the one Jez was selling a short while ago...

dekerfintheshed":1wmlfjzf said:
Was I seeing things or was there a mint looking green Rocky Mountain Altitude on the carpark before we set off, don't recall seeing it on the ride ??

That was Gump's - he could only make the early ride (see photo above)

That was me mr Dekerf, thanks! :D
Unfortunatly could only do the early one in the end.

I brought this frame over from Canada, took me a long time to find a nice old Altitude in good condition. Its my favourite riding bike too :D

Thought you'd all fancy a look at this 'time line' camera phone snap I grabbed at Ed's pork pie break, aka lunch stop! :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC00369.JPG
    DSC00369.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,132
Thanks everyone for a great ride, great company and some really smart retrobikes. Funds allowing I'm going to get the McSchwinn looking more authentic with a good paint job and more period parts so I can see you guys again.

All the best for 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike time line from the other end

Attachments

• retro lineup.JPG
    retro lineup.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,049
Ah, the new end! Although, it makes my 97 bike look quite new (situated round the bin area :roll: :LOL: ), most of the bikes there were 93/94/95 era.

Back