the peaks national meet

I'm thinking leaving car at yours Gazz - it looks like all the services on the M74 charge between £8 and £10 a day for parking. A wee bit further for us to drive, but still cheaper.

what about junction 9 M74 kirkmiurhill- would you leave the car on the street? You would really need to leave yours uber early to get to mine as I think the journey time to the peaks is about 4.5 hrs from mine and it is a 10.30 for 11 start. this would mean we could meet ther about 6.30 so making it a bit more civilized?

Fair point - Don't mind leaving it on a street, just makes things a wee bit more complicated. Alright, we'll figure out a street and rendezvous there.

So which night are you staying? We were planning on heading straight down to Silverstone after the ride but have since discovered that the campsite there charges £30 per person. I ain't paying £90 to sleep in a fecking tent so might be staying in the Peaks on the Saturday. I know of some good campsites around Edale and don't mind driving everyone back from the pub quiz as I won't be drinking due to the early start we will need.

Si

Si it might be a drive there in the morning and drive home on the same day, I will see what the other two fella's prefer.....

great news ZZ, I will go for a pass tonight- should be fine.

Velo, this suit you? can you find your way to falkirk?

cool- let me know a spot we can meet at if you have a preference or I can do some detective work and work out a meet time that gives us plenty of time- will look to get my brother in laws car as it has more room in the boot :cool:

Everyone happy with down and back on sat or would friday drive down and then camp be better?

I must warn you that the drive down, ride, drive back in one day is a killer. When coming from the North the last 25 miles takes for ever. You have two options- narrow country lanes 'over the tops' from Penistone, or drive further south on the M1 and work your way through the middle of Sheffield and out the other side. It takes three and a half hours from here in Morpeth at a good lick of speed.

Si

Back