First ride on the Kona!

Spudly

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Took the kona out for a squirt with a mate yesterday, went partway up the old rail line to Hornsea, didnt go all the way as we kept getting caught in showers which was annoying, but it was a good ride to see what needs adjusting on my bike.

Defintely need to fit my riser bars as the straight bars are a touch too narrow for my comfort, and i need a new seat as it becomes uncomfortable after a couple of hours lol.

Anyways took a few piccies so i thought id share, nothing too interesting so i thought id be best off posting them in here.

Nice black clouds stalking us..

IMG-20110807-00280.jpg

My mates '97 Kilauea infront of my '98 Caldera..

IMG-20110807-00279.jpg

IMG-20110807-00281.jpg

Arty shot of mine hiding behind Tom's..

IMG-20110807-00282.jpg

Tom, looking like he is squeezing one out.. lol..

IMG-20110807-00283.jpg

Further along the trail posing the bikes..

IMG-20110807-00284.jpg

IMG-20110807-00285.jpg

Tom and bikes..

IMG-20110807-00287.jpg

Trail..

IMG-20110807-00286.jpg

And proof that we got as far as New Ellerby lol..

IMG-20110807-00288.jpg

spudly kona

kona, camera, out and about. yourself and tom are most welcome to retrobike meets. join in!

keep an eye on this section for local rides. also, the national series has gathered an unstoppable pace and much fun.

keep it up mate :cool:

Cheers bud, im a bugger for photos, my mates on the car forum call me the japanese tourist as i take pics of everything lol.

Already planning on getting myself on the 21st ride in a couple of weeks, name down and everything :D

*edit*

Just noticed your location, thats where i bought my kona from last week :cool:

spudly kona

great stuff.

there's a big thing for konas on here. a brand that has its logo on loads of components too, tyres, grips, you name it!

see you soon :cool:

Ive definately made a wise choice, the ride on it is soo lively i love it, will be good to eventually meet up with some more locals who are stuck deep in the 90's aswell lol :LOL:

nice bikes, looking great :D

btw. fenders are also looking good - where are the from ? as I need a nice set to convert a 95 Kilauea for commuting.

magas":3tgc249e said:
btw. fenders are also looking good - where are the from ? as I need a nice set to convert a 95 Kilauea for commuting.

Apologies id not seen your reply, i shall get onto Tom and find out where he sourced his guards from :D

Random question, couldnt think where to put this question but can anyone shed any light on how to replace the seals in my bombers as pictured on my kona, theyre 'Z3 light's' and after the ride pictured in this thread ive noticed the drive side leg appears to be letting oil past the seal and onto the exposed section of the stanchion, ive never played with oil forks before so id rather not mess about with them and break them :(

Pm Ben (Fluffychicken) when he gets back from his hols, he rebuilt his Bombers recently.

Back