RetroBike National Ride Series Drumlanrig ***AFTERMATH***

Sad to have missed this one, but work called.

Some great picks there, I'll will have to make sure I'm there for next year

ARRRRGGG, every joint aches and I'm soooooooo tired but happy, very very happy.

Thanks everyone for making this visit to 'The Drum' one to remember ;)

not feeling to bad but I never really went that fast anywa. The top of my arms are feeling it but not really surprizing after the black on rigid forks.

aye its my arms that are feeling it - huge amount of concentration needed for that route, mentally demanding as well as physically. Loved it. where is the line up pic?

how are the war wounds zigzag?

Got home about 9pm and back to work for 8.30am this morning :roll:

Feel really good tbh didn't think I would although I have to agree with clockworkgaz my right wrist was on fire this morning after that black run.

And for the reason of riding rigid (carpal tunnel) and nothing else before you ask :roll: :LOL:

If anyone wants to relive the ride the log from my GPS can be found here > http://connect.garmin.com/activity/106680649

Some great pictures up already, sure there'll be plenty more to come. A few more random highlights

➡️ Going to the Chinese in Dumfries (only eatery in said town we could find that wasn't a chippy) to see most of the clients enjoying Irn Bru and chips with their chow mein.

➡️ Finally making the trip to Scotland and meeting the MacRetro lads.

➡️ The tunnocks. I especially liked the large plastic tubs, will have to check my local Asda soon.

➡️ The riding. Some good stuff round Drum. Need to get up to Scotland again!

➡️ A beautiful victory in the car park dash #1. Especially sweet having switched DSP into the gate house. I'm glad that particular finish wasn't held under UCI rules.

➡️ Not winning the Scotland quiz.

➡️ The M6. Next time I'll pack more music than a single cassette of 'Jerry Reid Superhits'.

➡️ The Scottish bike museum with a faux Mark Beaumont bike.

➡️ The weather. It didn't rain much!

About the only dissapointment from the trip was missing Chipmunk in Dumfries on the Saturday night. Gutting. If I'd have known am confident this would have tipped Edwards into coming along.

Grand day's riding (bar my inevitable comedy face-plant at 'Mincers'). Bike didn't let me down, although my chill pills were a tad close to the tyres. Talking of tyres, modern rubber! Oh yes! No more skiting aboot on IRC Mythos for me!

Great turnout and couldn't complain about the weather either for a change - Englandia was well represented, top marks to jonnyboy for coming all the way up from Southamption - hoping he enjoys the rest of his Scottish bike adventure, the weather's looking not bad today anyway. Obviously really good to meet up with and put some faces to the RB internet personalities. I also like how we managed to keep the kilt prizes up here, told you we were tight! (Have we still got the receipts so we can get the money back?)

Sounds like I'm glad I missed out on the additional black run, I'm hobbling about with a dead leg, although my left hand isn't too bad - thought I might have had sprain, but it just seems to be mostly swelling and bruising around the palm and thumb. I need to stop falling off though, I keep scraping the same part of my left shin, it's been either scabby or bloody since early July :oops: On the bright side, also got an excuse for not shaving for a few days until my chin scabs heal. Result!

Who was it that was getting chased around by the gay bee? Those yellow gillets... seemed like a good idea at the time.

giant-one":3p7dujoe said:
ZigZag. I think it was TK. :LOL:

I think it had a go for everyone with a yellow gillet but love was in the air when it spotted Kaiser, took him ages to get rid of it :LOL:

Back