Ritchey Team Comp (Finish pics pg3)

some interesting build choices

half-step/+/alpine, 4x, etc

some oversized cable/housing, some step down ferrules, and a little shorter run of housing on the rear brake would go a long way imo

ST and DT bottle mounts, that's kinda cool :D

good looking ride you got, and nice pics

Cheers guys :D

hollister":2cwm5nej said:
some interesting build choices

half-step/+/alpine, 4x, etc

some oversized cable/housing, some step down ferrules, and a little shorter run of housing on the rear brake would go a long way imo

ST and DT bottle mounts, that's kinda cool :D

good looking ride you got, and nice pics

Build choice was part choice part what I could get my hands on, performed well today but I have a few ideas for things I'd like to change.

I've secured some 80's Specialized cables, the stuff just now was to get me rolling :)

And thanks again, more pics from the first ride coming soon :D

ps I'm struggling with the half-step bit?

That's a real peach K, and the build looks to be shaping up very sweetly.

I like the chainset, and I think the close ratios are what's been referred to as half-step, but can't work out the advantage it gives. How do they ride?

For a more conventional setup, Sugino AT with round rings would look tasty.

Good stuff.

I can confirm this is a stunner in the flesh/steel :cool: , a colour matched fillet brazed bar/stem would be the icing on the cake though.

Much appreciated chaps!

The bike had its first muddy test yesterday. Very impressed with the ride! I was reticent about many aspects of the build and how it would work but apart from the lack of indexed gearing and a balding tyre everything worked superb. It really is the finest retro ride I've had and surprised me how stable and direct it was. An absolute joy to ride, part handling and part riding something so nice, I'm quite smitten :D

6046708829_56675a2df4_b.jpg

6046710691_e661f7ebbf_b.jpg

dsc4857nef.jpg

You lucky bastard. Don't you have too many bikes? You should make some space and sell this one to me :LOL:

Back