Gold chains

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
the ybn chain looks much like the KMC SL chains but is a fraction heavier.

not use that brand.

02gf74":2ksoe1pp said:
the ybn chain looks much like the KMC SL chains but is a fraction heavier.

not use that brand.

I was wondering if anyone would reply! :LOL:
People must hate me!

Yeah your right, does look a bit heavier. Like not as much thought has gone into its lightness but surely a chain is a chain?
I have a YBN SS chain which is pretty good, not had any problems with it but thats what i mean by a chain is a chain. How much difference in performance makes a chain stand out? Longetivity of course but thats variable.

have used wipperman, once and once only, i fitted it, did 2 rides to work then a 16 miles gorrick race then road one more time to work, then it snapped, then tried to fix it and noticed 3 other links about to break. sent it back, bought sram chain instead . . . problem solved!

Use an inexpensive model from KMC or SRAM that fits your gears and replace twice a year. All drive chains wear and begin to wear your rear cluster, so to slow down the gear wear replace clean, lube and replace your chain often.

tatra":2yrpw7wl said:
Use an inexpensive model from KMC or SRAM that fits your gears and replace twice a year. All drive chains wear and begin to wear your rear cluster, so to slow down the gear wear replace clean, lube and replace your chain often.

Yep thats true, i read you should get approx 3 chains per cassette
Depending on use etc.

But this is about blingy bling gold chains :cool:

I fitted a KMC X9SL chain from one bike to another - had to add 2 links as it was a tad too short. It easy easy to split and then join - I peened over the pins so time will tell if that is good enough - it looks like it is.

Need to put some miles into it now.

Back