1996 Mongoose Amplifier 2 - Now with B4's

martymcfly":2k104doz said:
How did it ride on it's first outing?

Like a much stiffer version of my old Rocky Mountain the Edge. Slow6 said in his OP that his 20" was small for him, which leads me to believe he's a big guy. If you're bigger/heavier, you're going to get along much better with one of these Amplifier2s (or Litespeed's version, the Hiwassee) than any of the AMP B series frames.

picture_012_116.jpg

The red's cool. I think I prefer it this way. Ridden it yet?

FYR, the original Amplifier was (obviously) made by AMP Research In Laguna Beach but your Amplifier 2 (& the rear end of the Litespeed above) were made (in China?) by the Canadian Company Kinesis.

I had a (Kinesis-made) '96 Avanti Hardcore with a similarly constructed rear-end (albeit a 4-bar) that used an identical chainstay/swingarm. My '97 Avanti Moto Pro also used that chainstay.

yep! I hope to bring it out next ride mate

Arran":2tzq179t said:
Ridden it yet?

This damn bike doesn't want to be ridden.. the quadras that came on it were way too short (A-to-C) so I found some longer Judys but they were waaaay to soft and sagged like hell under me putting the nose down again. That's why it's wearing red, I couldn't stand it any longer and butchered the DBS for its DH3's that are nice and stiff with lots of air and bring the nose up again.

ridden it yet? NO I HAVEN"T %$*@&V$@($** RIDDEN IT YET!! :LOL:

After cracking the crown on those red dh3's I fell out of love with this frame and buried it in the back of the shed.
A Proflex frame from WA arrived in the post today fitted with a set of F4's so it seemed like fate, even more so when the steerer was the perfect length down the mil.

Here she is wearing a little green, I have been staring at it all day and have bugger all idea of what direction to go with it.

Damn the forks are cool though, have never seen a set in the flesh before.

Back