SSUK Drumlanrig castle 3-5th May

I've been on the offroad cycle route at Drumlanrig and it's fantastic. Beautiful castle too and there's a cycle museum next to the castle as well with an AMP B3, some titanium frame (forget which), and some other biking exotica.

Did not know SSUK was to be held at Drumlanrigg but as I do now then hopefully I'll attend. Not far in the great scheme of things for me and my Retrobikes lend themselves well to SS conversion. Took part in SSUK in 2004 in Aviemore coming joint last with a few others so I can at least match that placing !!!!!!!!!

Excellent riding and excellent set of guys, what more do you want ~ Beer

The Yorkshire contingent will be in full effect :)

Ironically I was chatting with my Missis the other day about fitness targets for the summer i.e. Some level of fitness compared to running out of steam on the first hill :oops: .. The conversation contiuned and went on a tangent about this event and being in a pretty part of Scotland. She like the sound of the event and has agreed to come along and possibly participate if she can get on with riding a singlespeed bike.

cchris2lou":nqqc8580 said:
I am sure Sylvain will go there .

Too far for me .
After last year's SSWC I vowed to never ever ride my rigid SS in Scotland again :LOL:

But you never know ...

Sleeper train from London is a good way to travel to Scotland.

Well sounds like a good time could be had. I'll start making plans to go there. :D

I've done it now and committed myself by registering thus I'll be at Drumlanrigg in May.

I'll be defending my last SSUK04 position of last place.

Next need to get fit and decide which bike in my fleet gets the SS treatment.

We should try and get a Retro contingent there, it would be a laugh !

Cheers

Back