Dave Yates and Orange Prestige.....Both finished builds p.5

I should have known it was you who beat me to the Yates - I then gave up watching the parts to go with it when the listing ended... :LOL:

There was also a blue'ish frame listed around the same time but this was the one I fancied - look forward to seeing the finished article... :cool:

Re: scrap

sinnerman":3vxzax2t said:
Some parts that will be used for for the orange..... :oops: :?

about time you sorted that stem out,it was a bit battered when i sent you it.but looks superb now .and has gone to a good home :D

sinnerman":11rex9ck said:
For saddles my choice would be either a flite or a turbo, my head says flite, but my fat ass says turbo...... :?

My solution is, LOSE SOME WEIGHT, and sell me that perforated Turbo for my PACE, i've been looking for one for ages ;)

I too can't wait to see the Yates built :cool:

Nick

Dossa":2bi307qx said:
sinnerman":2bi307qx said:
..........CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A REVIEW ON THE ORANGE PRESTIGE,...???? :? :?

These are looking promising builds...! :cool:

Got a review of the Prestige from MBUK November '92 if it's any use? Apologies for the poor photos, hopefully it's still readable

And some from the Orange '92 catalogue (I realise yours is a '91, though!

Will be keeping a close eye on your Prestige in particular as I'm near completing mine...

Cheers,

Matty :D

Thanks for that Matty, very good of you to post it for us all to read.. :D

As for the year of mine, "god only knows", i have kinda always dated mine as a late 92/93, due to the changes.... from memory the 91 model had rack mounts, and 2 cable guides on top tube, and a cable guide on top of the bottom bracket for the front mech, the later model, had 3 top tube cable guides, no rack mounts and a cable pulley for the front mech instead of the bottom bracket mounted guide...(see pic of my 91 model).
Regardless of what the score is, i have decided to build it to a late 92/93 build spec.... :?

Attachments

• cable guide.jpg
    cable guide.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,766
  • cable guides.jpg
    cable guides.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,766
We_are_Stevo":bao57xgc said:
I should have known it was you who beat me to the Yates - I then gave up watching the parts to go with it when the listing ended... :LOL:

There was also a blue'ish frame listed around the same time but this was the one I fancied - look forward to seeing the finished article... :cool:

sorry stevo, didnt have a clue you were going for it too.... :? , with that said, i have seen at least five come up for sale since march, both on ebay and here, and all similarly priced, and to be truthfull all in better condition....., i kinda kicked myself, several times when i kept seeing them, as the general condition of the one i did buy, could have been a little better...., and would have cut down on the man hours involved to paint and refinish.....!!!!!

Re: scrap

matthew71":i11q67gc said:
sinnerman":i11q67gc said:
Some parts that will be used for for the orange..... :oops: :?

about time you sorted that stem out,it was a bit battered when i sent you it.but looks superb now .and has gone to a good home :D

Thanks for that bud, i was very pleased with how it turned out.. :D

Crantinope":3fx0qtu3 said:
sinnerman":3fx0qtu3 said:
For saddles my choice would be either a flite or a turbo, my head says flite, but my fat ass says turbo...... :?

My solution is, LOSE SOME WEIGHT, and sell me that perforated Turbo for my PACE, i've been looking for one for ages ;)

I too can't wait to see the Yates built :cool:

Nick

lol.......Nick, i keep trying to loose the weight, but i am quite partial to cream buns.....lmao...!!!!

I think im going to go the turbo and rolls route at the moment, due to ass size and i have had them for a long time, it seems silly to buy more.

I do have Perforated turbo, saved in my searches so if any come up i will pm you straight away..... :D

With ref to the Dave Yates, ......... :? ......i think it might be a marmite moment........lol.

kona man":3m7w23td said:
looking good how is the polishing going then :cool:

heh km, ....not tooooo bad mate, i made a start, on the toplines, and managed to get them finished (well as best as i can... :? ) the middleburns are a different story though, lots of general pitting to the alloy, which is not too much of a drama, but i dont want to loose the engraving which says "middleburn", by going too far with it.....so only time will tell...

I will try and get both of the old U.S.E seatposts finished early part of the week, see how things go.

Heres a pic of the Toplines finished.

Attachments

• refurbed toplines.jpg
    refurbed toplines.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,731
Back