Dave Yates and Orange Prestige.....Both finished builds p.5

I have been having a dilema over a suitable choice for saddles and tyres.

For saddles my choice would be either a flite or a turbo, my head says flite, but my fat ass says turbo...... :?

Attachments

• Rolls and Turbo..jpg
    Rolls and Turbo..jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4,575
  • Selle italia TURBO.jpg
    Selle italia TURBO.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4,575
Been having a bit of a drama with the correct choice of tyres too. The old faithfull for me is the Panaracer Timbuk II, but by the 92/93 model year Ritchey was suppling the excellent Z-max.

Thanks to Jeff, (first flight bikes)....the retro world can rest easy, as im sure most of the retro community know, he has thankfully been the contributing factor of the re-introduction of both types of tyres.

The Z-Max evolution looks like a great tyre, (although i have yet to use the new evo)...its light and foldable kevlar.

To my mind the Z-MAX could be the more obvious choice...... :?

Attachments

• Panaracer timbuk IIs or Ritchey Z MAX..jpg
    Panaracer timbuk IIs or Ritchey Z MAX..jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 4,573
Looking forward to seeing both these finished bud. . . . . . particularly the Yates ;)

Thank you for your continued support fellas, means a lot coming from you guys, your builds speak volumes........ :cool:

Just wanted to add this to this thread, due to the relevance of it...!!!

Wanted to say a big thankyou to Nevadasmith for scanning this and posting it......top fella, and fellow RETRO biker and steel horse fan.... :D :cool:

A good period read for any fan of steel horses...., LEGENDS like salsa, Chas Roberts, Dave Yates, and Serotta.

Attachments

• image004lw.jpg
    image004lw.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 2,238
  • image003ih.jpg
    image003ih.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 2,238
  • image002mg.jpg
    image002mg.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 2,238
  • image001pqj.jpg
    image001pqj.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2,238
..........CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A REVIEW ON THE ORANGE PRESTIGE,...???? :? :?

sinnerman":tr7oj4ci said:
..........CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A REVIEW ON THE ORANGE PRESTIGE,...???? :? :?

These are looking promising builds...! :cool:

Got a review of the Prestige from MBUK November '92 if it's any use? Apologies for the poor photos, hopefully it's still readable -

003-4.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

And some from the Orange '92 catalogue (I realise yours is a '91, though!)

006-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

Will be keeping a close eye on your Prestige in particular as I'm near completing mine...

Cheers,

Matty :D

Latest posts

Back