Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

aw.. blast! I thought you buggers had just gone quiet, turns out emails from subscribed threads aren't getting though :(
Have a good ride today lads, Yangs sound awesome. I've bookmarked the thread and will check the old school way from now on :oops:

Nope not gone quiet! Was a good ride today, although we did learn two things!

1) the maps of the You Yangs on t'interweb are crap!
2) there is no shop, must take food next time!

All in all tho i reckon its a great place to ride

A couple of pics

Attachments

• DSCF2823 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2823 (Medium).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 599
  • DSCF2815 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2815 (Medium).JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 599
haha love them pics!

Indeed the maps are crap, no scale or reference points or best way to ride suggestions, so we ended up going up trails that we should clearly be going down. Another thing, no shop!! No cake or drinks... poor show considering its supposed to be Victoria's "premier" mountain bike spot. Having loaded the camel back with a smidgen of drink, presuming that there would be a shop, i really felt it today catching the bonk towards the end of the ride. Thanks to Mark for sharing his water with us, I nearly resorted to doing a Bear Grylls and drinking my own piss!

Other than that, the trails are pretty awesome, great views, and plenty of scope for fun. I will mention though that they are tailored for our more modern brethren. Still some guy nearly had a heart attack when he saw our bikes and had to have a pic taken of them! Retro forever!

Is anyone thinking of heading south for the spring summer? If so let me know and I'll organise a retro ride in these parts.

andrewl":2ibw0xq4 said:
Is anyone thinking of heading south for the spring summer? If so let me know and I'll organise a retro ride in these parts.

Must get over there one day.. Tas is the only state I haven't explored at all.

Back