holdsworth professional 1969 final pics added

overall it is ok, not quite how I wanted it but its ok. one quibble is a chip to the rear of the fork which has been touched in. The finish is very delicate but I expected that. So overall I am pleased with it, just need to put it together now.

pics of mario vaz's paint shop

Attachments

• IMG00736-20110809-1521.jpg
    IMG00736-20110809-1521.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 2,510
  • IMG00737-20110809-1521.jpg
    IMG00737-20110809-1521.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 2,510
You want a good goooood paint job.....

Neill Shankland Atlantic Boulevard...... his work is excellent.... no thin paint I assure you....

Tip Top and then some

What type of paint does Vaz use?

If it was a modern 2k type paint I can't see there being durability issues. If he uses a 1k paint then it won't be very durable.

The paintjob looks decent enough, but hard to tell actual quality from those pics.

Hallsy":3ozt74p9 said:
What type of paint does Vaz use?

If it was a modern 2k type paint I can't see there being durability issues. If he uses a 1k paint then it won't be very durable.

The paintjob looks decent enough, but hard to tell actual quality from those pics.

I don't know what he uses, all i know is ive tapped it twice and chipped it twice so far..doesn't really bode well for the future..The paint seems very thin, gonna have to treat it with kid gloves, but if i am paying £120 for this respray with decals and luglining , then there is a considerable diference between that and mercian who will charge more than double plus postage on top..

Well, even a 2k unless baked may be a bit soft for a few days, a 1k paint can take longer to fully harden.

1k never has the same sort of film thickness either, it's usually thinner.

I only have experience of painting car panels, but if I were to paint a bike I would use 2k car paints, or at the very least a 2k lacquer.

For £120 though I think it looks pretty good.

I was thinking maybe I go over it with a lacquer, but i could make a right mess of it, he did say that he lacquers it twice anyway so putting on another coat is probably overkill.

Ride it hard, stop worrying about it now it aint going to solve anything.
Abuse it, chip it up.....

Then next spring send it up to Neill and get a proper job done.

You'll pay more but the paint won't fall off..... you can then put all these sleepless nights behind you

Back