Cannock chase...the aftermath

Bike hosed down and hanging in the garage feeling pleased with itself for only throwing her rider once (although it was out of site in the woods)
Slowly dissolving my insides with a nice bottle of wine at the mo' picturing slippy trails in my mind.

First meet for me today too and hopefully not the last. Had a great time but can't understand how a 60 min trail (follow the dog) took us all 2 hrs + ???
Some nice kit there, for me Ed's Fat looked even better in the flesh as did Kev's Chas... I even saw one rider change rides too to a mint looking Yeti ARC after the cafe stop !

Nice Tiffin too btw (can't remember who to thank)

Overall, it was a nice steady sociable pace, the mud wasn't too sticky and the company was good, respect to Kneedown's Mrs for holding her own
and for the guy on the 85' Scwinn with the handpainted bodywork...

Missed the bring and buy, bit gutted because I had a car full of bits :(
Sorry to shoot off without saying ta ra to you all but thanks for a great day

Another great fun Retrobike meet with a chance to met some old and new faces some great bikes. Velomaniac Schwinn Mesa to girlf little Zaskar being the ones that caught my eye. Really enjoyed having a crack with you all [haven't wash it so don't know] Cheers Max.

sounds like you guys had alot of fun, i'll try and make the next ride.

did bump into heathy (if memory serves) in the carpark after the salisbury plain challenge, although i had to leave him though as i was soaked through, it wasn't raining, i was the knob who tried to ride a watery crossing that turned out to be 3 ft deep!!! :D

head under and over the bars!! :LOL: full on swimming! :LOL:

I arrived back to Brighton a couple of hours ago. It was a real pleasure to see both new and old Retro Bike faces and randomly meeting people out on the Chase that I rode with 15 years ago. Myself and MonsterFat were on a trip down memory lane, except the hill in memory lane seem steeper these days!!
Max did a good job of falling off whist trying to stop at 5mph on the road to everyones amusement. The freeride/all mountain brigade were a little bemused to all these skinny bikes, most with no shocks and riders with no body armour playing lemmings around the quarry.
Today's ride must be the most mechanically glitch free retrobike event so far.

Retroflections....

Some of my highlights of another great day for the phenomenon that is Retrobike include:

> Watching the newbies driving around the car park in search of other folks with old bike fetishes...
> Watching Ed devour and regurgitate another of his famous pork pies...
> The arrival of the McSchwinn...
> Kev's tango shoes...
> Max's superstition of stroking his chain with an oily stick before a ride...
> Losing Kev at the very start of the ride...
> Squelching through the fast and narrow singletrack...
> Cursing Cooks skewers...
> The various lines taken through the mud bath...
> The age and beauty line up... a new rideout tradition?!
> Bacon and emmental toasties...
> Ed's fledgling retro jiz business get's off to a sticky start...
> Numerous low speed spills - the best of which was Max's walking pace tumble!
> Bomb holing with the rad kids...
> Hot choccy with marshmallows...
> Ed's dusky dealings...
> Hot bath and steak and kidney pie, brussel sprouts, new potatoes and gravy waiting for me at Chez Kawasaki...

Enjoy your pictures here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=34940

Fantastic to see so many people turn out for their first retrobike ride - hope to see you all again in 2008!

Mr K

Cannock Caption Competitions

Here's a couple of extra photos that are crying out for captions... prizes to the funniest...

Mr K

Attachments

• Caption comp 2.jpg
    Caption comp 2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,897
  • Cannock Caption Comp.jpg
    Cannock Caption Comp.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,897
The boot of ED's Mini is like a tardiest for Retro parts. I'm going to have a word with my friend who owns a merchandising business about brewing up a large RB flag for us so new members can find the group like homing pigeons.. and normal folk can avoid the strange 1990's Berliner Bula Syncros boys ;) on their old prehistoric steeds..

Sounds like a good ride gents.

Top pics as ever Mr K.

Shame I missed it :(

Back