any of you pretending to work tomorrow.....

antogoof":1y17y5w7 said:
not pointing this at you petemcc but some people really do hate christmas. i just cant figure them out this is my favourite time of the year! except for slade.....i hate that song so much. :x

No offence taken, I'm just one of those people who hate it! Don't get me wrong I love my family and spend a fair bit of time with them but the stress of 'having to enjoy yourself' just 'cos it's christmas pisses me off a bit and the high expectations that can never be matched always seem to add to the stress (that and the fact that I have to watch crap on tv that others choose).

Oh and Chris, I used to work in a butchers as a kid (from the age of 12 til 18 at weekends and holidays) and christmas was a real pain - 500 turkeys to be gutted and bagged in a week. I then got out of that and started work in a bike shop throughout and after university (and for good measures used to working in a pub in the evenings!) - frying pan and fire spring to mind, maybe the subconscious memory of that is spoiling my christmas!

I would have to say that this was one of the better ones this year though, may have something to do with my sister having had her first child, so my parents had something to really focus all their christmas cheer on!

With two children it is a bit better now . but I still think xmas should start on the 22 and finish on the 26 . :evil:

Back