Information on the USA postal service please

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for a frame from the USA, tracking via USPS says it left Chicago airport on 12th Dec.

Should I be worried that this is taking too long? I would have expected the UK carriers to have cleared any Xmas back log over the last 2 days.

Thanks

Dr S":24qx56ep said:
I bought stuff on EB** last thursday that arrived today from sunny CA so about a week I guess. Feels like a long bloody week though- what you got coming?

Si

Funny that, as a Silver 92 FUNK just landed on my doorstep ;)

/joke ... I truly hope it arrives.

Crell":2wh8zjrr said:
Dr S":2wh8zjrr said:
I bought stuff on EB** last thursday that arrived today from sunny CA so about a week I guess. Feels like a long bloody week though- what you got coming?

Si

Funny that, as a Silver 92 FUNK just landed on my doorstep ;) /
joke ... I truly hope it arrives.

I'm still waiting- those bastards at customs and excise are using it as a door stop I think. It was posted in Denver on the 18th- its driving me nuts now. :cry: :cry:

Just checked the USPS tracking service thingy and it left San Fran on the 23rd ( I bet it wishes it bloody stayed when it sees the weather up here :) )
So it looks like its in the hands of the Taxman. What pisses me off is its such a slow process- they decide how much, send out a second class letter which takes days to arrive and then I have to do a sodding 50 mile round trip to go and collect something I have paid to be delivered... Oh and there is an additional £13.50 charge from Parcelfarce for the admin cost of shafting me in the first place!
Makes you proud to be British doesn't it?

i wouldnt expect that much happens at the customs office during the holidays. most of us are on leave as well - not me though :( , so why not they too...

at least on the european continent the custom guys notify the receiver by email or phone if the sender filled in email address and/or phone number in the relevant field on the customs form.

Carsten

Dr S":ncihb9de said:
Crell":ncihb9de said:
Dr S":ncihb9de said:

Si

Funny that, as a Silver 92 FUNK just landed on my doorstep ;) /
joke ... I truly hope it arrives.

I'm still waiting- those bastards at customs and excise are using it as a door stop I think. It was posted in Denver on the 18th- its driving me nuts now. :cry: :cry:

Just checked the USPS tracking service thingy and it left San Fran on the 23rd ( I bet it wishes it bloody stayed when it sees the weather up here :) )
So it looks like its in the hands of the Taxman. What pisses me off is its such a slow process- they decide how much, send out a second class letter which takes days to arrive and then I have to do a sodding 50 mile round trip to go and collect something I have paid to be delivered... Oh and there is an additional £13.50 charge from Parcelfarce for the admin cost of shafting me in the first place!
Makes you proud to be British doesn't it?

While we're on about the joys of UK customs. What are the charges that are applied to bike frames? Am I correct in thinking its 14% duty then 17.5% V.A.T on new frames, but what are the tarriffs for second hand ones?

Back