PAIRS?

srands

Retro Guru
PAIRS? Anyway folks apart from just making things up.

When I say folks, this is an affectionate term, for other like minded people, are you one of those people? A MTBer? That secret society, that attach themselves to their bikes with shoes. And many people think MTBers smell of lithium grease, sweat and compost.

Or more closer to what I mean by folks: Derivative slang depicting most people as descendents of farmers, corn ear, allen key, etc.

The only good thing about Hydraulic brakes being sold separately, is if you already have a pair, and heaven forbid (That means you would be really annoyed if this happens) a lever OR caliper BREAKS, then at least you don't have to buy a full set of hydraulic brakes again! OK bleeding might not be as straightforward as many would like (& a bit expensive if you need to buy some bleeding syringes too),

But a minor whinge, is that once wobble develops in many hydraulic brake levers, many (This includes many cable pull levers these days) can't be adjusted against, presumably allen key nut & bolt wasn't included in design, so as to prevent customers adjusting too much friction/tension in their lever, that would prevent the master cylinder/spring returning the brake lever to it's normal position. Years ago all quality levers had an allen key adjustment to take up any unwanted movement (Or "play", as I've heard it called).

But apart from this I'm sure this is a daft practise (Sold as LEFT & HAND hand, NOT as PAIRS) that pushes up the price of Hydraulic Brakes (Like stores were prices of everything is exclusive of VAT, until you get to the till, so it feels like less, you add it up roughly in your head, and it sounds more affordable, then it really is, like Makro, but it's a real store.... Not an online basket/checkout.... Another mind job, bet you miscalculated in your head didn't you).

I mean what else is sold as LEFT & RIGHT? Ok you can buy just a LEFT hand crank! Gear shifters are also sold as separates.

But these messages are just passing conversations (Yes, another Pointless topic about "What is there, This is what there is"), and observations we have, about our bikes, this years bikes, and this years parts, since none of us make or produce anything, our conversations won't change anything, but as consumers, we decide what to spend our money on.

Normally I wouldn't critisce manufacturers so openly, normally I'd have a civilised conversation, then mutter some sarcasm about it later, hence my straight forward, isn't this expensive, or isn't this cack, isn't well received by people with such bikes or brakes.

In the main, I like most bike, brake, suspension fork manufacturers, but if you're lucky enough to work in a bike shop, and you set up new bikes, brakes and suspension forks, and you also get to test ride them, you realise there are some great and very naff products, at similar pricing levels, even though to consumers in a box, on a shelf, these contrasting performance products will look very similar. Just choice you might say, well many people buy vastly inferior products for similar, same or more expensive money, of much better performing products, but as persons working in bike shops we wonder how the manufacturers that make these vastly inferior products, stay in business, when everything they make is cack or just breaks. Just a mindless rant though, most manufacturers are the best they have been ever.

Back