13th April 08 : HONC entry now available

From reading the event info on that link I'm not sure if it's suitable for cross bikes or mountain bikes or either? Is it super technical or just a decent slog (I mean the latter in a good way)?

Ed, there is nothing that could not be done on a fully rigid single speed!!
Loads of fire road-road. When they say technical they mean for a shopping bike :roll: Honestly mate, you would love it, it's 1 of the tamer rides on the calender
There is some techy bits, just not boulders and ruts everywhere.
Oh....forgot to mention the awesome views.

hey heathy, nice to meet you today in the salisbury plain carpark, sorry had to go, bits of me were shrinking fast due to being very wet and cold after my mid ride bath!! :LOL:

Nice to meet you to Jonny :D Its always good to meet other forum members.
Maybe see you at the next meet :?:

OK. Got this once pencilled in as an official retrobike event. So let's see a big turnout :D

Already got my entry in - if others are keen to ride suggest you get yours in quick since places fill up fast.

For those who haven't ridden it before HONC is a great event. There are 50km or 100km options round the cotswolds. Some good trails but nothing that couldn't be ridden on a crosser. The weather as ever is variable - last year was 25 degress and sunny, the year before we had hail!

Very, very tempting. My type of event.

Going to see what I can do to make this one; sounds like the Real Ale Wobble with a strong chance of better weather! :LOL:

Back