BoTM August 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodie, Muddy fox, Overbury's ,Rocky Blizzard, Salsa in alphabetical order obviously as any other would be just too diff to call. :? :?

I don't naormally like green

But that Brodie... Wow

And a little less green but bloody awesome... Overbury's! Wow!

The Ellison looks really cool in picture two...

And loads more besides. Love the bargains too!

And that Clark Kent: Though not a confirmed entry is noteworthy in having Ritchey Forelites with all the lettering on. I swear they did them in charcoal or used a bubble jet printer...

Great month indeed

The salsa jelly bean and the overburys are stunning, but I'll put my Kilauea up anyway!

Attachments

• Retrobike 020.JPG
    Retrobike 020.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Retrobike 023.JPG
    Retrobike 023.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,132
just thought I would add a bit of colour this month,
my 1991 gt karakoram inferno
IMAG0595.jpg

IMAG0601.jpg

Lee.
p.s love that brodie.

Could not finish it for the European special last month, but my Empella finished third. So now I will enter the Concorde this month! Still not sure what year it is. Even the company who made them in the past, had no records of it! My gues is it's from 1989, so let's stick with that! ;)

Build thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158456

And here are 2 of the last pictures!

1989 Concorde

GroteFoto-TS64M7DE.jpg

GroteFoto-46CIQDZN.jpg

Jacquie Phelan's single speed Phoenix. This started life as the white Phoenix that was tested in magazines in the early 90s. As she focused on participating in single speed races, Jacquie converted this bike over. It is heavily modified with a prototype togglecam brake on the rear and the backs of the cranks have been shaved to allow for a better Q and chainline. The bike has its share of patina from hard use so it is an easy classic to take out on rides. I enjoyed this ride at the NYC Vintage ride that took place a couple weeks ago. The de-branding of the bike is a function of the WTB split.

L1020665.jpg

sswc08+032+_Large_.jpg

Something about Pink this month. The Concorde is sweet (lovely forks) and that Phoenix is a marvellous expression of form and function - and hasn't been over restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back