1998 Kona Stab

Still work to do; brakes need sorting, chain shortening, etc, etc. It looks good though!

Attachments

• stab.jpg
    stab.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2,277
  • stab build.jpg
    stab build.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,277
If I could have any bike I have seen since I joined this forum it would be this!

It's gorgeous. It I just begging to be backflipped or 360'd Cam Zink style!

Bit of a long time since I updated this, the Stab has sat unused but nearly built up in the bike shed for the last 6 months or so. In a recent cull of bikes, my Chameleon was taken apart so missing a small chuck-able bike I resurrected the Stab the other week. Wheels and disks are sat in the shed still, as the disks need pads and the front big-un is a little worn. So it's sporting some hope XCs on 521's, an XT rear V an Avid front and some really, really sh*t levers. The Xlite stem and Azonic 2.5" risers have been replaced with a shorty and 1.5" EA50 risers, 1" was lost off the steerer... rides 100% better. The forks might look like they're steep and have very little travel but they really suit the frame. As it's so short it's much better like it is now. Took it to the woods with the kids at the weekend to have a jump around, didn't get any decent action pics though.

Stabaug11.jpg

stab2011.jpg

Such a cool little bike, a Stab like your was one of my dream bikes back in 1998 when I had a 10th anniversary Kona Nunu which had the same paint scheme as yours.

I'd love to own one one day, in that size, just to to have one of my dream bikes.

It is pretty cool, way too small to use properly but as a bike to take the kids out in the woods and solely play on it's a giggle!

Back