6028972755_2462c7ea89_z.jpg
6028968113_cb7500e68e_z.jpg

6029518714_b0aa783f28_b.jpg

6028962973_72cff7ee7c_z.jpg
6029513502_874261486a_z.jpg

6028970565_7ce0d8c753_z.jpg

6028957665_6fcb5ab03f_b.jpg

:)

I like that lots , also very keen to find out more about the bars could be the savour for me keeping my ascent

Cheers chaps, I'm lovin the way this is turning out :D

mrkawasaki":3zo7q4zt said:
Nice acquisition - when, how etc...??

I got the frame and forks last year from our man in New York :) . The longer I've been around here the more my tastes have developed and I've hankered after something fillet brazed for quite a while. This really caught my eye, built by Tom himself and one of the top bikes of the time it was hard to pass up and in no time at all I was quite smitten. I've slowly been collecting bits but its not easy, the bars for instance are the only pair I have found after a long search and I was really after some fillet brazed ones. The wheels are period correct but I was really after some dura ace hubbed ones.
It'll be getting built but its a long termer. I've resisted the full resto as I want to ride it a bit, nothing serious just official Retrobike duties but thats not to say a full resto in the future isn't on the cards.

dyna-ti":3zo7q4zt said:
Looking sweet kaiser :cool: whats the rest of the build?

Andy I have a donor bike I picked up a while back with mint deerhead derraileurs and cantis, now I have Magura levers and Suntour shifters and hubs but I'll put forward the excuse that mixing and matching manufacturers never mind gruppos was commonplace when this bike was around.

daj":3zo7q4zt said:
I like that lots , also very keen to find out more about the bars could be the savour for me keeping my ascent

Cheers daj, the bars are tig'd and some bugger has cut them very short. I'll knock up some extenders but one day I'd like to repalce them with Ritchey fillet brazed ones. There was a grand plan to make my own, but that is on hold just now.

Looks great, intriguing project from a UK peep too, cant be too many of these FBd Ritcheys over here. What are you doing for tyres/cranks?

Back