WTD.. Soon...: Pace RC40/41

PhilStone

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
In the next few weeks I'll be looking for a set of RC40/41s if anyone has any they're looking to sell? Need to be 9mm QR (Which I believe means non-Fighter?)

Cheers!

Phil

Thanks!!

What kind of money do you think they might go for? Seen a few RC40's go recently for between 180-220... Were the 41's much better/more expensive than the 40's?

Tend to vary a lot. Have seen them go for 130 but have also seen them go for nearer or more than 200. Depends on the day I guess. Not ridden the RC40s but I do like my RC41 XCAMs a lot but it is also worth having a look at the issues a lot of Pace forks develop or maybe worth a PM to justbackdated on here as he knows his stuff about Pace.

Already been in contact with Tim and he's told me what to look out for.. Have asked the seller a couple eof questions so will see what his replies are..

I know about the Pace's - got a set of RC39's which I love - main reason for sticking with Pace!

I don't suppose Tim will mind me sharing this...

"... Both RC40 and 41 are good forks, the 41 being air is a bit lighter and provides a slightly better ride-not as linear as the spring, although it will require a bit more servicing than the RC40.

The later 'LC2' [referring to the Launch Control] forks are better as the stanchions don't fall out of the crowns like the early models!! The big achilles heel of all Pace forks with alloy stanchions is wear to the anodising which is unavoidable but can get to a point where it breaks through to the alloy below and digs a big hole. Expect a bit of £230ish for a rebuild with a new crown/stanchion assy Check the faces of the stanchions just above the seals-notably the disc side front face which is usually where the wear starts. Dont worry about broken dropouts, I can replace them-check the disc mounts for cracks to reduce a price of a potential purchase!! "

Well... After asking that eBay seller a few questions about the condition etc he's replied back to me saying he won't ship to Jersey without answering any of my questions... Not that its is a problem as I have family in the UK and they are coming to visit next weekend!

If they weren't so few and far between I'd tell him to shove them!!!

Back