The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1988 stump fully restored

Fully restored with loads of new parts.
Brand new specialized GX26 wheels, rims spokes and Deore hubs & QRs with new 7 speed cassette.
Stripped and painted frame using etch primer. The frame was in brilliant condition to start with so its not a case of cleaning away half the wall thickness
Brand new front deore Biopace chainset,cranks and bottom bracket.
New steerer bearings and pedal bearings.
Shimano Cables and nuts n bolts all round.
New specialized flat bar
New shark fin and tooth.
New tubes and tires
Original strong seat post, new seat ( yeah yeah its a bikeHut seat but my old ass needs a bit of sponge nowadays)
Restoed everything else.
Restored cantis and U brake with new shoes.
Never stolen, has genuine frame number under the bottom bracket.
Owned by me since 93 and my best mate from 90 to 93 so I know all its history apart from two years
I love this bike through and through but if its worth what i'd like then I might be tempted to sell and buy something modern.

Attachments

• p1070429ww_835.jpg
    p1070429ww_835.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,348
klein pulse frame guess cranks ect

hi i have a pre trek klein pulse frame xtr v brakes xtr sti shifter levers xtr front mech of klein pulse paul usa rear mech plus guess crank and have no idea what any of it is worth plz help and hope this goes in right place this time cheers

Re: klein pulse frame guess cranks ect

ljones1977":3fab7szw said:
hi i have a pre trek klein pulse frame xtr v brakes xtr sti shifter levers xtr front mech of klein pulse paul usa rear mech plus guess crank and have no idea what any of it is worth plz help and hope this goes in right place this time cheers

any pics? if its like new as a whole bike you could get £270-£350 but as parts you could get a lot more as people might be after individual parts and be willing to pay a little more for just a rear mech or just the frame ;)

pics will tell all though

Marin Alpine Trail 1998 - With Aluminium Rear Triangle

Hi,

I dug out my Marin Alpine Trail 1998 model from the garage a couple of months ago and remembered that I really like the bike. I decided to spend some money on it and get it back to good working condition. This is what I've spent so far:

Full Stage 2 Service at Evans Cycles - £110 (includes new cables)
2xNew Panaracer Fire XC Pro - £54
New Crankset (Alivio), Chain, and Cassette - Approx £70
New Headset (Cane Creek - Approx £40

So I've spent close to £300 doing it up but when I took it out the steering locked up. So I took it back to the shop and they told me that my RST suspension forks are bent by about 1mm which is enough to make the steering stiff.

I'm now faced with buying some new suspension forks and have already spent more than I wanted to.

I'm tempted to sell the bike and invest the money in a new hardtail.

Any idea what I could sell it for, bearing in mind that it needs new forks but is still rideable? The rear triangle doesn't have disc mounts. It has XT brakes from back in the day.

This photo was taken before the service and therefore doesn't show the updated crankset/headset etc. (See attachment)

N.B. If I sold the bike I would probably keep the tyres and swap them with the new tyres from the new bike I buy (probably a specialized).

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    463.7 KB · Views: 1,272

cannondale king":585fwblp said:
ljones1977":585fwblp said:

any pics? if its like new as a whole bike you could get £270-£350 but as parts you could get a lot more as people might be after individual parts and be willing to pay a little more for just a rear mech or just the frame ;)

Will get some pics on later

ljones1977":279hzmrf said:
cannondale king":279hzmrf said:
ljones1977":279hzmrf said:

Only the picture above for now - will try to get some more.

Out of interest why would someone want an old rear mech rather than buying a new one?

coomber":25mmemwy said:
Because some older ones work better then new and they look better/fit in with bike style more :D
Yeah and Paul USA mechs are awesome and it still works like new and looks sweet

Hope wheels and rear disk brake conversion.

Hope wheels and rear disk brake conversion.

I have a pair of black Hope hubs (green stickers), Mavic X517 gun metal rims with disks and spiders along with a C2 disk brake with the kit to fit it onto a cantilever bike. (the long bar that fits onto the cantilever mount and the dropout adaptor)
What's it worth?

ljones1977":vlcgqvm2 said:
cannondale king":vlcgqvm2 said:
ljones1977":vlcgqvm2 said:

Attachments

• 081.JPG
    081.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,067