Cannock Chase Ride - 30th Dec - BBQ Turkey Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm safely down from Scotland and accomodated in Stafford and ready to hit the trails on my oldest bike built up at the last minute. This bike may win the scruffiest retro machine there with mismatched components but my Schwinn Mesa Runner should make it around. I fear something may fail though either the bike or me, see you at 11 troops !

Here's my mobile if anyone's going to be late etc send a text and we'll hang on or meet you later on (texts only please I don't like getting off the bike to answer the phone!! :D ) 07967113834. I'm on the 11am ride if one of the early bird's wants to give me their number I can pass on any late arrival's / info for their ride as well.

Mr Kawasaki is bringing his bbq (nice chap) so bring some reconstituted meat products to toss on. Or a quiche if your a vegetarian!

For god's sake don't mess with your bike's tonight even to fix a slow puncture as this tend's to screw up your whole ride for some reason?!

Weather shouldn't be too bad for details of who's going to be there take a look at the first post on this thread which has been updated now.

See you tomorrow - Mike

23 people signed up!!! So there should be at least five of us there! :D

I'm bringing a Chas Roberts frame, wheels, IRC Mudmad tyres and a few other choice bits if anyone's interested also... ;)

Are we still doing FTD even for the late starters ??

Fed up...!

Mr K's not that nice...! 23 people! My BBQ is a little small for that turn out and will be left at home (especially as I note we're starting from a Cafe) - bring yer wallets kids!

Scrooge

PS No doubt Edward will have enough pork pie to feed everyone anyways....

mrkawasaki":29aas8vk said:
No doubt Edward will have enough pork pie to feed everyone anyways....

gump":29aas8vk said:
or mini scotch eggs..

As if I would be so predictable

Actually I do have two large pork pies and a good handful of Scotch eggs (not mini I'm afraid) as Vinia, bless her, seems to have decreed that they are ideal sports nutrition

Evening campers. I'll try & get down for the 11 am jaunt. I've not had my wifeport validated yet though...and I'll be riding modern I'm afraid, so don't sneer at the Whyte (or mock the impossibly wide bars...I will dremel them!) :oops:

Crell":ul56v97i said:
Evening campers. I'll try & get down for the 11 am jaunt. I've not had my wifeport validated yet though...and I'll be riding modern I'm afraid, so don't sneer at the Whyte (or mock the impossibly wide bars...I will dremel them!) :oops:

You may have to trim them! Some of the gaps between the trees on the single track are narrow! You can hardly get down there sometimes because of all the 'kids on da street' getting their bars stuck!

Oh I know! Last time I was at Cannock I took the whyte - I had to REALLY concentrate through the singletrack. Is dremelling an inch off either side (my preferred width) of some carbon bars too "last minute" for tomorrow am :LOL:

...I can hear the sound of a n '000 rpm cutting blade in the distance. If it goes Pete Tong I'll be on the bonty.

I swapped the mud tyres from the Bonti to Pace earlier and then realised that the lower Jockey wheel bearing had seized and I still needed to fit the new chain as it was a little short after removing a damaged link from chain such last week.
All complete now, but I think the Pace is in desperate need of a complete strip down after tomorrow as the BB bearings are dry as hell, the hub bearings feel rough along with another little niggleie bits.... See you in a few hours!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back