Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

Ok I have taken this Saturday off work, and hurrah the You Yangs are open for business again

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=208

Mountain Bike Trails

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_2219.pdf

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_2103.pdf

The You Yangs has two designated mountain biking areas that contain over 50 kilometres of exciting and environmentally sustainable trails that cater for riders of all ages and ability.

The easier and flatter Kurrajong Plantation weaves for 20 kilometres and consists of three loop tracks through established Eucalypt plantations. The Kurrajong Plantation is ideal for family groups, wanting to experience mountain biking for the first time right through to experienced riders wanting to test their endurance and speed.

The more testing Stockyards area in the north of the park has a range of flowing single trails and steep technical sections through rocky landscapes totalling slightly less than 40 kilometres. This area contains two down hill tracks, a 4 cross track (under construction) and a range of cross country tracks that will test riders of all levels.

All trails are clearly sign posted with directional information and gradings. A map can be picked up from the Park Office or downloaded from the link below, detailing information on the trail.

Parks Victoria, together with the Geelong Mountain Bike Club, has carefully designed trail alignments to protect environmental values of the park, whilst providing a high quality Mountain Biking experience. The trail system has been designed for sustainable long term use. You can help ensure that these trails remain open for use by only riding on formally signed trails and not creating or using informally created trails (ie those not identified on the map).

There are a number of other trails within the park that are for other recreational user groups. Please respect these trails that are designated for walkers or equestrian use only and are signposted accordingly.

How to Get There

You Yangs Regional Park is 55 km south-west of Melbourne and 22 km north of Geelong (Melway ref: Key map 11). Access to the park from the Geelong-Melbourne Freeway is clearly signposted via Little River or Lara. From the park entrance the sealed Turntable Drive (one way traffic) leads to many of the main picnic areas.

So anyone care to join for a day of fresh new trails before the smelly unwashed ruin them again

You guys suck! But mark my words, you'd be buggered in no time on a ride where you don't get the rest breaks waiting for me to catch up!!
Enjoy the ride, I should be able to get out again in a couple of weeks, and in the meantime I am aiming to get some miles in the legs so I am not so crap up hill.....

Have a good one lads! This is the second ride i've missed and the You Yangs look great damn it!

I'll be back in the game when I get a day off from work & kids and I've bought a new car...On that subject, any suggestions for a good 10K family motor? I'm thinking of a Passat 20V Turbo...

Sorry boys, i'm out.

& Skinny: I do have a headset press... otherwise known as a block of 4x2 & a 22oz Estwing. :LOL:

If you get really stuck, there's one at work but i'm not putting it in my jersey pocket for the trip home!

Haha that's my usual method too but I thought I'd be posh for once and use the right tool! There's a dude on ebay that makes an awesome one for about 15 bucks if anyone is interested I could order a few to save on postage.

Latest posts

Back