Manitou R7 Pro 100mm AIR Coil Thoughts??

Ive got Fox RL's on my '08' Stumpy and apart from the price I cant fault them, Ive hammered them but not abused them serviced regular and kept clean.

dyna-ti":2d33eyzz said:
Finally decided on a brand new sus fork.Im hoping i havent bought a pig in a poke here so will ask :oops:

Any thoughts experiences.Im guessing their a bit more maintenance hungry from the last new fork i bought -Z2 :oops:
But bought it is,seemed a good deal for a 2011 new fork [£220inc post]

Anyone have or ridden one can give me some idea as to what to expect or what to avoid in running and servicing?

Got it here-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Seems a good price but its that price that has left a niggling doubt in my mind :oops:

Been looking at the same forks as well as can't find any 2010 SID's or Reba's with v bosses readily available (without costing a bomb) anymore and the Manitous are easy to get ... Reviews seem pretty good though it's just after 2 sets of Revelations and a set of SID's I'm rather liking my RS forks lol. Will be interesting to know what you think if you get them in the next few weeks while I'm still pondering and getting your thoughts :).

And not wanting to sound negative..... don't expect to getaway without paying tax and VAT if you do get them... They may squeak through but add around 25% for charges when they hit the UK just to be on the safe side.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Alex Creasey":tnkqwiar said:
And not wanting to sound negative..... don't expect to getaway without paying tax and VAT if you do get them... They may squeak through but add around 25% for charges when they hit the UK just to be on the safe side.

Didnt think of this :oops: That will be annoying to be hit for an extra £50+

dyna-ti":2cfosx94 said:
Alex Creasey":2cfosx94 said:

Didnt think of this :oops: That will be annoying to be hit for an extra £50+

Well you may be lucky.... I do alot of importing with company stuff so I tend to get hit with everything business or personal. If you don't, then fingers crossed but more often or not you will nowadys and they are also quite hot on the gift thing. Just see if the people your buying from will mark it down sensibly... Either way it still makes the forks blimin cheap! :cool:

Seriously considering these but the HongKong angle is worrying me. They have V versions with remote lockout on ebay from similar places too and I'm not so sure...

Afflicted.John":7dyqieoy said:
Seriously considering these but the HongKong angle is worrying me. They have V versions with remote lockout on ebay from similar places too and I'm not so sure...

Fork arrived after about 5 weeks[im guessing it went container ship :? ] There was no custom charges/duty etc
Fork is now fitted and looks and performs great.Im well chuffed with them and although i was initially sceptical,there wasnt a problem, only the fear of one :?
Retail -£370
Online LBS-£340
I paid a total of £225 :shock: :D

Attachments

• Manitou r7 Pro 002 (Large).jpg
    Manitou r7 Pro 002 (Large).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 761
Result! Congrats :cool:

How do they perform if you've had a chance to ride them? I got sidetracked by a 2012 set of Magura Menja's for just over 300 quid which hopefully should be arriving in the next week.

Well,so far they out perform any fork ive had before,judy,indy,TT
T2,Z2,Z3.
Still a bit of stiction but theyre not bedded in and only ridden an hour or 2,but given how they feel now i think it will loosen up nicely.
Havent fully explored the preload / rebound as i prefer to leave them off for the bedding in period,with the exception on having the rebound set @1 to prevent topping out damage to the cartridge.

It really soaks up small to medium bumps though as yet havent really walloped it off anything larger,i'll wait till its settled and increase its job :?

It has a lockout feature on the preload adjuster thats really easy to put into use and theres a remote available should you have any room on your bars.Lockout has a blow off valve should you hit anything big etc etc.
Rebound is underneath the left leg but is the knob type so easy to adjust.

For just over £200 new its a good fork ,try finding coated stanchions on any other new fork at that price.
Plus it weighs only 1350 grams,i replaced the pace rc-31 with it and didnt feel like i was adding a lump of weight in its place :?

Cant comment on any other manitou fork ,but they seem to be a very good deal for your cash.Not sure as yet what servicing will be required or how long in between .

Back