Rocky Mountain Cirrus

mvd1974

Retro Guru
A few weeks back I bought this one... I was looking for an elated chainstay frame when this popped up on 'marktplaats'. It was spec'ed as a downhill bike with a much-to-long-travel RockShox Psylo and lots of other stuff I don't like. So... building started..

I'm not building it into a full period correct bike, since it has to be a rider for my girl friend and a bit of comfort should be in it.

The Manitou EFC has the right colours in it, so that will take care of the front while riding. Not as 1991 as the frame is, but okay for now..

The built will be XT all over.. more like the 1992 spec's

Here are the plans:
Frame: Rocky Mountain Cirrus
Fork: Manitou EFC
Headset: XT 1 1/8 threaded
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Easton carbon for now
Grips: ???
Brakes: XT 734 low profile canti's
Brake/shift Levers: XT 095
Front Derailleur: XT 735
Rear Derailleur: XT 735
Derailleur/brake lines: black ones ;)
Cassette: XT 7 speed 12-28
Chain: shimano HG91
Cranks: XT 730
Chainrings: shimano 'something' ( 46-36-28 ) perhaps
Bottom Bracket: don't know yet
Pedals: Onza HO
Hub Skewers: shimano XT 730-732
Hubs: XT 730 + 732
Rims: black ones (forgot about the brand)
Spokes: ??
Tubes: Air B
Tyres: don't know yet
Saddle: Ritchey 'comfi' WCS
Seatpost: Syncros I hope
Bottle Cage: to carry a bottle

Here are some pic's of the frame. When it came in and how it's now with the sticker set of Gil.
Today the rear mech came in. Yesterday a Syncros stem in the wrong size came in (should have been for 1 1/8, but it has a 1 1/8 quill, so fits a 1 1/4... FOR SALE now).

Attachments

• Syncros stem.JPG
    Syncros stem.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 5,006
  • rear mech 735.JPG
    rear mech 735.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 5,006
  • Img_4654.jpg
    Img_4654.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 5,006
  • Img_4647.jpg
    Img_4647.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 5,005
..this is how it's now... standing on the wrong wheels, but with the Manitou EFC...

Attachments

• Img_4659.jpg
    Img_4659.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5,002
very nice indeed. gotta love a rocky. i just missed out on one of these locally a couple of weeks ago. but it must have been for a reason. i picked up an alpinestars ti-mega a couple nights ago. pictures posted in a thread elsewhere. :D
good luck with the build.
roy

Thanks for the flattering, motivating words all...

The polishing was a dreadful job... I'm not single, so my arms aren't used to the movement somehow.. ;) I wonder what people were invided for that or what they put in their resume to get such a job... :?

I'm awaiting the wheels to go with it. XT M730/M732 hubs with black rims, M095 shifters and M734 brakes...

Looks like the most difficult part to find is the Syncros seatpost in 30.4 sec. gen. (1992)... If you have any and use is as a poker to get some fire going, I'll might have some left over bar to swap with it...

pic updates will be there as soon as I have the wheels at home and find the correct (1 1/8" this time) stem.. perhaps a seatpost and the front mech in a mean time...

Back