Above and Beyond - A superb service from Italy

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, so I get in from a lap at Mayhem to discover a small but potentially scary wear mark on the carbon rails of my SLR Kit Carbonio Flow (125g) saddle.

Panic. Gutted. $$$ sorrow.

Change it for a Flite Ti gel flow (emergency back up saddle/ 10 laps in comfort option saddle ( :LOL: ) ).

Get home, closer inspection shows it hasn't failed. But if it does and there's a chance of that now, it will hurt.

Hunt everywhere for the receipt. Of course not. Nowhere. It was over a year ago anyway and it was a NOS model so it looks even older, so the shop can't help then. Not even 100% which one it was as it was Mrs Wu that picked it up. :cry: Try to reach UK distributor. Figure they don't want to know as they don't have any contact details on their site - nice customer service.

Desperate not to just have to spend £180 odd on another, (I love these saddles - if saddle love is acceptable), I pop an email off to Selle Italia themselves.

A day later I have a very positive and friendly email from a Paolo at Selle Italia. Not promising anything, but not putting any barriers in the way of trying to sort this out for me either. In fact, quite the opposite, really really trying to make it possible for me to get a warranty replacement even though I blatantly haven't got a legal leg to stand on and they do need a proof of purchase. I could have bought it 5 years ago 2nd hand and jumped on it for all anyone knows (which i didn't, didn't, didn't for the record).

Some really friendly and positive email conversation ensues over a couple of days and after me sending some close up pics of the said failure, I get in to work to an email from Italy saying that even though it's out of warranty and there's no proof of purchase, they'll send me a replacement saddle out and appreciate my sticking with Selle Italia for the last 19years (never use anything else).

The next day THE NEXT DAY! the UPS man pops in and asks me to sign for something saddle sized.

Opened it to find a Brand spanking new 2011 Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow (now 115g :D ) and in time to get to the Pyrenees the following day!

Now that is really really really good service. No mucking about. Just did the decent thing that they really didn't have to do. And even did it next day UPS.

So I wanted to share it with you and and publicly thank Selle Italia for guaranteeing I will be riding their saddle for the next 19years.

Sterling customer service that should be commended.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Selle.jpg
    Selle.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 470
Yes thats very pleasing for a company like that :cool: and the consequences of such are present above

Customer service and Italian are usually oxymoronic. But the likes of Elite seem to have set the ball rolling otherwise. One day, the frame manufacturers may also catch up.....

Basically, by contacting the manufacturer direct and giving them information about the way their distributor is dealing with their business, you are giving them priceless information for future contract negotiation.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, UK distributors for Topeak sorted me out the other day, Gus.

Good customer service seems to becoming scarcer and scarcer these days

BobCatMax":1kt081s9 said:
Good customer service seems to becoming scarcer and scarcer these days

While it is, its good to hear stories about good customer service (and thats exactly what they want too)
A business with rubbish customer service will normally go downhill pretty quickly

Back